Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple basically drafted a young QB out of college (G4 iBook) and our veteran experience - which has served for so long, so well now - is finally no longer needed? This is could be it. Funny how such a small unit can cast such a big shadow....

I too have been looking to draft a new recruit, but I was doing so well with my Pismo. I now may have to retire my Pismo - but very gracefully. It set the standard by which many stood by for the longest time - and to this day still have plenty of clout.

The Powerlogix upgrade/re-outfit no longer makes much sense. My thought on that anyhow.

Heart?? what's your plan?? You have 2 vets on rosted if my mem fails me not. I look to hang on to mine - use to experiment maybe... May promote her to front office/coach ;)

H!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I have not made a move, yet.

Panther has given the Pismo new life, the new OS has given my little Black Beauty a speed boost via a Black Panther.

But alas the G3 is now dead R.I.P. my good friend. I am feeling a little dated and these iBook updates have made me humble.

Three years ago my Pismo 400 set me back about $3600+
and it looks as though I will have to shell out the same amount for a new 15" Powerbook Superdrive.
(Waiting for rev. B, don't think I have the patience for the rumored dual G4 Powerbook)

I shall sell the 400Mhz but keep the 500Mhz for my son. (Only 10 Months old but he loves Baby Banger 1.2.1

sigh :(

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I dearly love my Pismo 400...it was my very first Mac.

But it is one of the rareified few that has a firmware problem and won't run OSX. No matter what. (And believe me, I've tried. Boy, have I tried!!)

My beloved tuxedo Powerbook now sits, neglected, plugged in to the UPS. I know not what to do with the damn thing. I am totally committed to OSX....and my black beauty simply will NOT co-operate. (That's why I switched to a PowerMac desktop).

It's got a forty gig HD, almost a gig of RAM and ports up the ying yang. But it won't run anything other than 9.1

Maybe I'll encase in a lucite block and just mount it on a pedestal, for all to admire. :confused: :eek: ;)

But, I get the feeling that I could strap the darned thing to my back and then go skydiving without worrying about hurting it in any way.

Too bad it won't run OSX....

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Heart, how much snappier is your Pismo running under Panther? I am at OS 10.2.8 and all seems to run well. Does panther make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Mine runs OS X, 10.2.6 just fine, no problems.
I also picked up a Pismo 500 CPU that gave it a nice little boost.
Although............ the new iBook G4 is tempting, but this Pismo will have to last me another couple years.
;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.