Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, over the holidays my pismo cd/dvd drive was having intermittent problems to the point that dvd's wouldn't play more than 2 mins without freezing and discs would take a really long time to mount. So, I shopped around the web and talked to my buddy Ohenri! about what to do. Bradley at powerbookmedic.com promised me that changing the module with a new one would fix the problem 1.5 weeks later it has arrived and low and behold, all is well again! I really wanted internal burning, but there's no way I was spending that much cash.

I found that there were many other options - like replacing the sled/cartridge, but I couldn't have been bothered. The drive they sent me was a VST model which they say is more reliable than the apple stock version.

Anyhow, that's my story and my Pismo lives again. I can finally install Panther now!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
And what is with people calling a Pismo module a "CD/DVD" drive? It's called a DVD-ROM drive - period. ;)

That's like calling a Combo drive a CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD drive.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice one Lars...you just couldn't resist.
What ever happened to using some polite manners? Period.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Lars, if you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't bother posting it. :rolleyes: Lose the sarcasm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts