ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out tonight and purchased an iMac G5, with a 17 inch screen. Works greating, running great, could not be happier.

However, about three inches to the right of the apple logo on the case, there is a piece of dirt or black plastic or something, that seems be stuck inside the plastic, or behind the plastic. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or what one would suggest to do?

Not really wanting to take the unit apart, as i just bought in three hours ago!

Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
69 views and not a single reply???

just wanted to make sure i was clear on what i was asking, thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go to the place that you bought the imac from and ask them what to do. They should have some good solutions for you, if you bought it at an apple reseller.

·
Registered
569 Posts
As I view my G5 iMac it appears that the housing is clear Polycarbonate that is then painted on the back side with a while coating (paint or whatever) so your black spot had to be on the interior surface prior to coating OR the coating is missing in that area and thus appears black. In any case its not right and the front bezel should be replaced under Applecare IMHO.
While user replaceable I would strongly suggest that you have the dealer do the work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts