Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there All...as the subject line says, I picked up Unreal Tournament 2003 today. Does anyone else have it yet? Anyone hosting?

So far...I am loving it...although I must admit that it is a processor and RAM whore. I'm on a G4 800 and I have had to really dumb down the eye candy.

The action is fast and furious though.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I can't wait till they license that UT2003 engine out for other game development. It'll make for lots of other great action games in the future. Medal Of Honor, for one, built with the UT2003 engine would have been wonderful.

-GW

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dual 1Ghz with a GeForce Titanium... Wow! Very nice! Have the bots on experienced and they give me a run for my money.

I like the 'Vampire' mod, as you injure the bots, you get the health (to 100).

I like the Egyptian maps. They're nice. The weather effects are ok, (extremely difficult to do I understand), but are a nice touch (compared to Quake 3).

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the demo and it is fun as all get out. Check out bomb(er?) run, so much more cool than CTF.

I've seen a few games on GameRanger (www.gameranger.com) but mostly have played against the PC weenies. Which is fraut. Stand still too long = you are a camper. Use strategy = you are a camper.

I wonder if MacAddict will run a UT 2003 dedicated server the way they have been doing with UT?

·
Left The Building
8,376 Posts
I downloaded the UT 2003 demo. It looks gorgeous & cool but runs very choppy on my FP iMac (700mhz) even with all settings at medium or low. I don't think I'll shell out any dough for the full game because of this.

Jedi Outcast & Return to Castle Wolfenstein (both great games) run much more smoothly than UT 2003 on my machine, whether demo or full-game. Hmm.

·
Registered
175 Posts
UT 2003 is just as bad as the original UT. They are exactly the same sans better graphics for 2003. These games are old hat. So boring, aimlessly shooting. I don't understand what anyone enjoys about these games. I'll admit they are fun for a short while, but there is absolutely no lasting appeal.

I still advocate that Return to Castle Wolfenstein, especially combined with http://www.battlefieldeurope.com is the best multiplayer first person shooter experience.

So don't get UT 2003, check out RtCW instead, it might actually run on your machine too!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...I personally LOVE UT2003. Lots of midless fun!!! Just what I expect from ANY 1st person shooter. :D

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I love 'Return To Castle Wolfenstein'. I must admit though, that the sci-fi sections aren't my thing, fun, but goofy. But the rest is wonderful.

The 'Omaha Beach' level of the 'Medal Of Honor' game, is nearly worth the entire price of the game. And there are many other good levels too. But that one is superb. That level made me hit 'pause', and go for a walk, the first time I tried to get through it.

And while I'm on the subject, Max Payne is a hoot. I admire the development of Max Payne, it's got such attitude and ambience.

-GW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.