ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a non-professional photo editing app, something where I can crop images and add them to other pictures and all that jazz, all for fun nothing too serious.. Would the photoshop app be worth the 4.99? Or any better suggestions would be much appreciated..

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
I'd go with iPhoto myself, and it's recently gone free if you are planning to get (or have recently gotten) a new iOS device.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't really edit photos on iPhoto, can you? Like if you wanted to cut a person out of a picture then paste him in another, change the background and so on..

And yeah, this is about iOS apps only :)

·
Premium Member
15,406 Posts
You can't really edit photos on iPhoto, can you? Like if you wanted to cut a person out of a picture then paste him in another, change the background and so on..

And yeah, this is about iOS apps only :)

There seem to be quite a few suggestions when googling on 'iOS photo editing app'.

I can't imagine doing much other some basic photo stuff on any iDevice. :-(

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
If you are used to using Photoshop on your computer you will be disappointed in Photoshop apps. There are two. Photoshop Express helps you make some color corrections and crop, but there are no selection tools.

Photoshop Touch has selection tools, but they are pretty rudimentary. Again disappointing.

The photoshop apps haven't been updated for a long time, so I expect updates when iOS 7 arrives.

I did many cut out this guy and move that woman over there using Photoshop Elements on Mac. The closest I've come to how I could create masks in PSE is Procreate app. Procreate is a drawing app, but as such they aren't concerned with color corrections or red eye, but they do have selection tools, layers, and you can create a "mask" by painting on a new layer. I think Procrete is $4.99. They just upgraded a few weeks ago.

One advantage of Procreate over Photoshop Touch is speed.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Having blathered on in the above reply, I thought I should mention that if you use the simple search term "photo", you'll find a lot of apps that do a decent job of color correction etc. A lot of them have lite versions or in app purchases, so you can try before you buy.

I tend to try them and then delete after use, so I can't remember to recommend, but I don't pay much for apps, so you can't test the waters without emptying your wallet.

And I'm sure there will be more after iOS 7 comes out.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup most photo editing apps only change color theme or affects and general stuff like that, haven't found many that would actually go deeper than that. That's why I was hoping photoshop would be any good..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts