Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in the latest MacAddict that Adobe will not be releasing a patch for Panther for PS7. Does this mean that my copy of PS7 won't run properly if I install Panther, or will it not make any difference?

Thanks!

Clueless, Confused Kuni

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Don't know what they're talking out. PS7 works just fine in Panther on my dual G5.

·
Registered
470 Posts
From all I've heard, I second MacGenius.

I don't think you'll have any trouble running PS7 with Panther.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I read in the latest MacAddict that Adobe will not be releasing a patch for Panther for PS7.
This mostly likely means Adobe won't be releasing a patch to improve PS7's performance under Panther and/or to take advantage of any of Panther's new speed improvments within the operating system (if there are any). But it'll work just fine under Panther.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I believe that they will not release a Panter-centric patch of PS 7. However, i do know there is a G5 upgrade for PS 7 for G5 systems already out. This may already take into account for Panther on a G5 system, since they have been testing with the final GM seed of Panther for probably a good month or two now.

Most likely, any Panther optimizations for pre-G5 systems may be incorporated into the undoubtably upcoming PS 8, supposedly due out sometime next year.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Most likely, any Panther optimizations for pre-G5 systems may be incorporated into the undoubtably upcoming PS 8, supposedly due out sometime next year.
Sooner than that. Photoshop 8 is part of the Photoshop CS suite that's due shortly.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good, good! Thanks, everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts