Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to pose with some cool Mac folks on Tuesday.
Phil Schiller was really nice to stop and pose for a picture. Told him we were from Canada and he apologized from the US hockey world juniors winning the world's against Canada. :D Told him we wanted the iTunes Music Store in Canada really bad! He just

David Pogue was really nice as well and really got a chuckle from the name ehMac when I told him about the site.

Thanks very much to Heart for taking the photos. When we meet Steve, I'll be sure to get him in a photo.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I love Phil's "perma-smile." :D

So...will we ever get to know your secret identity, Mr. Mayor? hehehe

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
uuummm, I'm guessing they won't set up IMS here because it's legal to download music from peer-to-peer services right ?
who would pay for music downloads twice ?
assuming of course you by CD's and MP3 players.
correct me if I'm wrong

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're wrong.

ITMS IS coming to Canada. Many people like myself don't have time or patience to try to get music from services like Kazaa and can't wait to have a awesome service like ITMS in Canada. Nicely organized, properly encoded, properly ID'd, quick, quality previews... so many reasons why it will be a success.

Trust me, it's coming. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I will certainly be buying my music from APple when iTMS comes to Canada.

Can't wait!!! I hate giving too much money to HMV.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
The real coup is to get invited to the "Mac the Knife" secret party for industry insiders.

"Mac the Knife" was a weekly column in MacWeek that dished out rumours and industry inside info.

I went to one of these events at MW in NYC. I met many Apple celebs including David Pogue, Andy Ihnatko, and others who made up a Mac All-star jam band. Jason O'Reilly, Adam Engst and others were also there.

The rules for this event were that you couldn't talk about product. Next to the open bar (who was paying for this boondoggle?), the cool thing was there were lots of freebies to be had here (most of them useless of course).

Interestingly this party I attended was held in a former meat packers (hooks and rails in the ceiling) in the Chelsea nightclub district (can you recall the Seinfeld episode?). This made me feel like a George Constanza.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I think I'm letting the secret out... The real reason ehMax is mayor ;)

Link to the truth

Disclaimer: Edited without permission, any likeness to any persons living or dead is pure coincidence. Whenever I'd see this picture I'd see the happy smily face of the guy from You Software and then ehMax's ring.

[ January 09, 2004, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Back when this forum only had about six hundred odd citizens, ehmax used to post photos of himself with some regularity. Those of us who were here back then have these photos on file...but we've all been sworn to total secrecy. So don't even ask.

But I will give you a hint as to how you might just recognise our illustrious Mayor, if you are ever at a major Apple event...and you suspect that he may be in attendance:

Look up....look WAYYYY up. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Look up....look WAYYYY up.

To think I thought the Friendly Giant was dead... cool!
I guess that makes his sidekick Heart... Rusty the Rooster!!

B

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'll give my argument up.

If people enjoy it... I guess I don't care.

Plus... you gotta love a guy that gets right in the action....

[ February 03, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Roland ]

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Bah! Doesn't bother me one bit. If the Mayor wants to keep his anonymity on a board that has thousands of members, that's his right.

Plus I find these iconized photos all part of the charm of this crazy board.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.