Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to try a new thread to give members a chance to show off the flowers in their gardens, homes or whatever without losing it among the "Photography Anyone" thread.

I took this shot of our Ivy Geranium today when I noticed two different colours on the same blossom.

Does anyone know if this is common, or if not, why a single flower would have both red and pink in the same petals?

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
nice pictures! I will post something once I start using my XTi. Made people should post what camera and lenses they used when taking the picture. Might give us noobs a little bit of insight.

·
Registered
236 Posts
nice pictures! I will post something once I start using my XTi. Made people should post what camera and lenses they used when taking the picture. Might give us noobs a little bit of insight.
I'm a noob too, I have a Nikon D40 with the included 18-55mm lens, a Tamron 90mm f2.8-32 1:1 macro, and a Nikon SB-600 Speedlight.

Depending on the photography you want to do consider different lenses, I love close-ups, and macro shots, and as such I have a macro lens. A decent flash is good to invest in, bouncing the flash can help improve those shots alot.

Most importantly, it's not the camera that makes nice shots, it's you.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I can't see your photos, Sonal, all I get is a white question mark in a small blue box.

It seems one of your files is of a painting. For that kind of artistic input might I suggest the:

"ORIGINAL ART...Let Your Inner Dali Come Out"

... thread.

PS. I've never heard of geranium ivy, looks interesting though. Is it the sort of plant that goes wild with blooms??

Just bought two clematis, a Japanese honeysuckle and a regular honeysuckle and set them up with trellises The first clematis opened up eight wonderful burgundy flowers within 5 days of going into the ground.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Those are pretty vivid colours Sinc! Do you boost the saturation in iPhoto or Photoshop?

I personally believe the twin colours in your flowers are due to GHG's... :D

OK, here's a few of mine... I don't garden, don't even have a garden, just appreciate the beauty. I walk almost daily to the U of T grounds and almost always bring my camera... always something to photograph.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are pretty vivid colours Sinc! Do you boost the saturation in iPhoto or Photoshop?

I personally believe the twin colours in your flowers are due to GHG's... :D
Nope, I don't boost anything. I simply set the camera to vivid.

GHG's eh? Maybe . . .

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nope, I don't boost anything. I simply set the camera to vivid.

GHG's eh? Maybe . . .
Ahhh... I've never changed any settings (effects) in the camera... I prefer to clean, enhance change etc. afterwards.

So, a 'maybe' to GHG's.... is that a first here Sinc? A step towards the other side? :D :D :D ;)

Something I've noticed here... your shots loaded fine Sinc, so did Sonal's and HUssain's but mine come up as icon's. When I click to load 'em I get a page asking me to login..... I'm already logged in.. bizzare!

·
Registered
510 Posts
my shots are from flickr, medium size so that it isn't way too large, that's why mine are showing up fine. I believe yours are attachements.
Absolutely right hUssain... I resized for ehmac and went the attach route but why would that require me to re-login? Doesn't make sense to me... a bug I guess.

I'll try the link from my flickr page next time.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Here is a thisle with a cute hopping insect on it. I was trying to get used to a new macro lens. Those lenses can be very challenging (it's a very nice but very tricky zoom macro).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts