Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
I would like to find out if this has spy wear or any other nasty things
One of the advantages to Apples iOS is the fact that they check out all applications and make sure they conform to all the rules and that includes No Nasty Things that are made available to you via the App Store and the only way they can get installed onto your iDevice.

So you can be confirmed and assured that any app you download and install from there is completely safe to use.

If you are using a jailbroken idevice, that could be a completely different matter, but you didn't mention that you were so I assume you are not.

I guess I would be more intrigued to know why you might be concerned about that particular app???

Bottom line, there are no known viruses that could affect Mac OS X or Apple iOS versions out in the wild so I would say it is definitely not suspect and completely free of any nasties.

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the advantages to Apples iOS is the fact that they check out all applications and make sure they conform to all the rules and that includes No Nasty Things that are made available to you via the App Store and the only way they can get installed onto your iDevice.

So you can be confirmed and assured that any app you download and install from there is completely safe to use.

If you are using a jailbroken idevice, that could be a completely different matter, but you didn't mention that you were so I assume you are not.

I guess I would be more intrigued to know why you might be concerned about that particular app???

Bottom line, there are no known viruses that could affect Mac OS X or Apple iOS versions out in the wild so I would say it is definitely not suspect and completely free of any nasties.

- Patrick
=======
Thank you very much Patrick
The iPad 2 is not jail broken I bought it new a long time ago
I just checked on the App Store and they do not have it
You have to download it from i site called iMobie.com so I guess it could potentially be a bad idea to use the program.
My next concern is they offer a free version and I am wondering is there a limit to how much the app will do for me before it starts asking to upgrade and ask for money
what I am trying to do is access my old iPad 2 files from iTones ,
Is there no way anymore for me to access those files??????
Have a Great Day Patrick

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Is there no way anymore for me to access those files??????
After having a very quick look at the imobile.com site, I would be inclined to use Google and do a search on them and the app you are thinking about and any possible reviews.

As far as getting hold of any files or to do a backup from an iDevice, my first thought would have been to use iMazing.app.

And some user comments and other comments:

I'm not quite sure when I read your posts if you have lost your photos from your iPod or what the actual situation is, and it sounds like you are now trying to rescue them.

If the latter, possibly some other members have some suggestions.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 4 of 4 Posts