1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i knew the exact tune u spoke of before i even heard it

it's a combo of "over the rainbow" and "what a wonderful world"

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

found on the soundtracks of the movies, end credits, "Finding Forrester" and "Meet Joe Black"

great tune, eh?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow killer!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am indebted to you!

I must have asked at at least 10 other forums to which no one could help me....thanks again dude.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if u search the net using some of the music search engines u should be able to procure it

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally I would pick up the soundtrack from "Meet Joe Black"

It has some other interesting music in it as well plus u get the tune u are listening to now.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread but did anyone else notice that Phil said see you at Macworld next year? I guess that means Apple will still be supporting Macworld for at least one more year?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what else did u expect Phil to say that would not raise eyebrows?

i suggest u pick up a copy of "Corp-Speak"

hijacking noted and dealt with

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
8th degree savage,

could u tell where i can pick up the "Acquisition" software? or what did u use to procure the song?

LimeWire is really bad these days and of course napster went bye bye.

thanx,

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
8th....,

i found the link for v 0.703 but realized that it is OS X only.

i am on 9.2.2

not going to os x in the near future since my clients don't have os x as i am not recommending it for DTP, graphics, pre-press and printing environments as of yet

and besides Quark is not native yet

·
Registered
136 Posts
Damn man...make the move man.,...jsut have a separate partition with a small space for 10.....Acquisition is great!

If you need any help at all let me know..i am a pure OSX user..i trashed my 9 folder and all its apps long ago...around 10.1.2

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just meant to make the move in your personal system..i understand you cant have it as a working environment..but having it as a small partition to play with on your home system cant hurt....even just for Acquisition.....whch is very very similar to napster for me and the files i can grab from it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
do you really think acquisition is that great? i try to use it and i just get frustrated. it will never keep a connection with a network. it drives me batty.

apparently, soulseek will have a mac version soon. i use it on my bf's pc, and it's AMAZING. you can find everything. let's keep our fingers crossed.

Phil

·
Registered
433 Posts
i take it back. i'm using the new .702 version and it'ts actually doing ok.....

Phil

·
Registered
136 Posts
YEah i didnt like the older versions....but im now a convert..great interface and it works so much smoother than Limewire.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey guys, this is kind of an odd question...

But for those who have viwed Phil Schillers 1 hour online Power of X presentation I have a pressing question.....

At the VERY end of the presentation they play a song for a few seconds....it has eukalale in it and a singer humming something..i cant for the life of me remeber what song it is....can someone help me out...i believe it is from the 60's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts