Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks Petie! That's pretty cool. I wonder if that's the real girl and if it is, how much money she had left over after paying off the RIAA!

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Excellent. :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got it on my iDisk as well, here, just in case you have bandwidth issues from excessive downloading. It's a long story, but I sort of have unlimited bandwidth from Apple. ;)

There's a link at the top to my file sharing page, where you can download it if you want, along with a few other Pepsi Superbowl commercials.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've been thinking about this ad and wondering - what is this really saying to the kids? i know the ad is encouraging legal downloading from iTunes MS. But - isn't also saying :

Break the law - Get a huge endorsement - Laugh in the Face of Law ?

Of course not every kid is going to get a massive endorsement from Pepsi or Apple - but it sure makes ME want one.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've wondered about that myself iChard. But I think what they are trying to say is "Look, we sympathise. there is a better way, aren't we cool for caring"
The way the kids are portrayed certainly does not glorify them given the lighting and the general mood of the ad.
At first viewing, I thought it was OK. After a few I have changed my opinion. It is brilliant and controversial on many levels. Any group or individual can form an opinion which will differ based on beliefs and morals and neither Pepsi or Apple look like the bad guys.
Even if you hate it, you'll remember it. I think that's the point in advertising.
I think this is going to run for a while and not just on Superbowl Sunday.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's true Petie. It is fairly dark and it doesn't exactly glorify the fact that they were caught doing somehting illegal. They are in a dark light and not looking so happy. The controversy is thinly veiled for sure - but definately there. Really really smart on Pepsi and Apple to not take the side of the kids, but to relate to them on a really personal level.

chad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts