Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope there are some answers to this problem I'm having by Wednesday morning or I'm in BIG trouble!

Ok, here's the situation.

I'm working in a CAD program and I want to bring my vector drawings to illustrator at the right scale. (I used to be able to do this on my PC so I'm sure it can be done on the mac)

I set the scale up in the printing preferences and then I save it as a pdf. Then i "place" the pdf in illustrator and all is well.

PROBLEM: It seems my floor plans are a little big and the pdf saving is now "tiling" my pages therefore taking an 1/8th inch floor plan and fitting it on (4) 8.5x11" sheets in order to fit it.

On my PC I used to be able to "PRINT" to pdf...not save as a pdf so from there I could actually set the virtual page size to whatever I wanted therefore never getting the tiling.

Is there any way to do this on my computer now??

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
I'm not sure how to do this with the current versions of Acrobat, but I used to print the job to a postscript file and then use Acrobat distiller to convert the postscript to a pdf. It is by far the preferred method of creating a professional grade pdf. I have Acrobat 5 on my system but haven't used distiller much as it wants to run in classic mode. I'm not sure how the process works in Acrobat 6.

If you can dig up any details on Distiller for your version of Acrobat, it will go a long way.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU SO MUCH MACIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

You didn't solve my page tiling problem but your answer sparked a thought in my head and I got the tiling problem FIXED! And now I know how to print properly from my CAD program using POSTSCRIPT!! I didn't know about that one!

THANKYOU!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.