ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a paypal ATM/debit card? can you share your experience with it. was it difficult to obtain?

any info appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Easy to get and easy to use.

They only problem I had with it was that certain bank machines would not tolerate it. CIBC machines didnt like it, buy BMO ones were cool.

Really, it's quite the little treat to have it. As long as an establishment accepted mastercard, I was able to use it.

A pure joy.

-Rade

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Speaking of PayPal, did anyone else get an e-mail headed like this regarding a class action suit against PayPal?

(The entire e-mail is much too long to post, but if you are interested, I can send it in a PM or a private E-mail. Just PM me to get it.)

It reads:

Dear Sinc,

IF YOU OPENED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT BETWEEN OCTOBER 1999 AND JANUARY 2004, YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO A PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT.

PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
SAN JOSE DIVISION

In re PayPal litigation
Case No. CV-02-01227-JF (PVT)

NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION AND PROPOSED SETTLEMENT

Cheers

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i got that email too SINC, but i have no idea what it means to me.

its too convoluted to understand.

·
Resident Hijacker
8,758 Posts
I helped a friend of mine translate that paypal email--in doing so, we did a little extra research into this. This is what we were able to figure out.

Basically, there was a class action lawsuit against PayPal because they had no specific dispute resolution policy. The complainants won.

If you signed up with PayPal anytime between (as I recall) October 1999 and January 2004, and had a problem with PayPal due to the lack of policy, you can be compensated.

Check out these links for further info.

https://ppl.gardencitygroup.com/ppl/fs/shortClaim?action=clear

https://ppl.gardencitygroup.com/ppl/fs/longClaim?action=clear

If you haven't had any problems, you don't get anything.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Think hard, Sinc. There is a pile of money to be distributed - US$9,000,000 plus.

Did they ever fail to respond to your inquiries or mislead you in anyway? Did they ever overcharge you by a penny or two? This is a company that harvests a lot of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Many, many quarters.

Though they proclaim their innocence, the court has told Paypal they would likely lose their case before the law. If anyone is entitled to a portion of the money to be redistributed, they should enter a claim.

Thinking hard......

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
read sites like paypalsucks.com, paypalwarning.com

I had my account frozen once it was a nitemare.
They never told me why, got the run around for months,, about $380 dollars frozen..Everyone on all these forums said to just give up. I eventually found a guy who helped me.. Had the account opened in a day after that and havent had an issue since..

but some people have lost thousands...
There are cases ongoing right now..
In-fact, you can even file in small claims court in Canada against paypal...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts