ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jack and I am a long time member, and most often just a follower on the forum. Yesterday when showing my wife how to find a password for something on her iPhone, I noticed that all my passwords were on her phone but none of hers are on my iPhone. We both have a iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.1. Were the passwords somehow put on her phone during a back-up? For some reason I had her phone listed in my Apple ID account. Could this have been the reason for the passwords from my different places showing up on her phone? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Are you sure you didn't use your backup for your phone and restore it to your wife's iPhone accidentally???

What's the user name or owner on the iPhone if you use separate names for each iPhone??

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her phone is called iPhone, and mine is jack------'s iPhone. I have never restored her phone just took some pictures off and did a back up before the latest update to iOS.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
My name is Jack and I am a long time member, and most often just a follower on the forum. Yesterday when showing my wife how to find a password for something on her iPhone, I noticed that all my passwords were on her phone but none of hers are on my iPhone. We both have a iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.1. Were the passwords somehow put on her phone during a back-up? For some reason I had her phone listed in my Apple ID account. Could this have been the reason for the passwords from my different places showing up on her phone? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.
If she logged in with your apple ID, and you're using iCloud, the Keychain would have synced if it was permitted to. Check to see if Keychain is turned on under iCloud settings on both of your phones.

Probably best to each have your own Apple ID, and use family sharing, unless her phone using your ID was accidental.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks polywog and pm-r, I think polywog has found the answer. We both have our own Apple ID, but she did use mine to log in a couple of times. Will check permissions and see what is what. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
The Apple "Family Sharing" that polywog mentioned can be quite beneficial and useful as well as saving some money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts