Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knowing all you good guys/gals, and being a regular poster here, how many of you visit MacUpgradeZone.com on a basis? I thought it'd be a cool idea if ehMac and MUZ linked to each other or something like that, like a partnership, considering a good deal of our visitors to MUZ are Canadian. I promote MacDoc as of now as well. Just ideas. ;) Not that they have to work out.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Personally, I would like to see ehMac remain commercial free and "link to commercial site" free.

If they need another donation drive, then I believe the membership will step up, if asked.

I just see this "link" as the edge of the slippery slope.

I believe that the free exchange of ideas and one of the reasons there are so many posts and so many long threads is that there are no commercial links.

Those that need know of MacDoc and MacUpgradeZone already do.

Those that don't know find out in a hurry from other ehMac members.

·
Registered
778 Posts
could not agree more with MacSpectrum on this one. Freedom of choice and freedom from ads is a key feature for this site to thrive (I think)

·
Premium Member
30,884 Posts
I third that - I already had this chat with ehMax and I support the board because of the community aspect of the board not as an advertising vehicle.
We already have more business than we can comfortably handle and ehMac is wonderful recreation and a good community.
We certainly get some leads and sales but we also hand some of that back in "behind the scenes support" that John always has in his back pocket and as much tech advice as my typing will allow.
Several MacDoc associates are members and also contribute both technical and to the overall community.
Keeping these types of communities neutral without denying some of the smaller resellers access to the forsale section I think is the right approach. ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
I agree with MacSpectrum and Macdoc. I would rather see us remain commercial free, even if it means a monthly or quarterly donation to "the cause". The last year Newfoundland was a country, it had a surplus and in control of its destiny. Once it became a protectorate of Britain, and then a Canadian province, there has never been a surplus. I cannot see Newfoundland and Labrador ever going it alone, outside of Canadian confederation, but it does represent an analogy for ehMacLanders. "Live free or Die!" Of course, freedom has it's price, so when is the next donation drive???

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Dr G wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> so when is the next donation drive??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It starts right now. Send all donations via PayPal to [email protected]. Thirty pecent of all proceeds (admin costs etc. deducted) will go directly to the mayor. (for those who think this for real, please e-mail me regarding some Florida real estate deals) ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Peter, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if you are interested. Now, do not get greedy. I have just negotiated the services of a legal firm and their accounting division (Dewey, Cheatham and Howe) to represent our interests in the various deals I am negotiating for us. Would you believe that all they want are three of D and R's (I shall not reveal their names due to contest regulations) pups. Go figure!?! Still, I personally would rather send a check to ehMax rather than utilize PayPal.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Dr.G.,

has anyone tried to sell the confederation bridge yet?

has a good positive cash flow (aka 'tolls')

i wonder when the 1st sale will be so we can have a canadian 'brooklyn bridge'

Vive la Canada libre !

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
rtc,

didn't realize that quebec had a monopoly on that phrase.

my apologies if it doesn't apply to canada

"C'est le faux des Federales!"

hey, i'm just an evil
Ontarian who is trying to learn a little Quebecois.

"Vive l'ehMac libre!"

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
vote so far

6 against
2 including thread strarter - for

c'mon tribe member speak up !!

Don't complain later that you were not allowed to voice an opinion.

Now is the time to speak out.

(breaks into closing tune of Act 1 of musical "Les Miserables" - 'Do you hear the people sing?")

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
OK, count me as a definite maybe.

If we're to have this commercialization, I'd want it to be as unobtrusive and invisible as possible. More of a subtle service, than an ad.

Anything more than that would be a turnoff, though I admit I'd probably come back again and again, if only because of the quality of the posts and posters.

·
Premium Member
30,884 Posts
I think I can solve this. Steve at Hummingbird Services http://www.hummingbirdservices.ca/
has a pretty thorough list and you can add to it - why duplicate his work. :cool:

So asking his Mayorness to post a link to Steve would appear to solve the issue. I'm sure Steve would expand to Canada wide with a little input from members. remember maintaining something like that is work so why add to the Mayor's load when a ready made solution is available.

I dare say trying to get mainstream Mac dealers to provide a link to ehMac may prove difficult - often they aren't the most willing to point their site visitors to a...... ahem
more competitive environment....if you get my drift ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Remember the motto that is on the Great Seal above the Town Hall -- e pluribus unum -- "One out of many". We are many different Mac users (at least some of us use Macs, or have used Macs, or......you get the picture), but we are one. One ehMacLand forever! "Death before dishonor!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts