Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I checked my email this morning, it contained the following:

Dear Apple Customer,

The following products shipped on 10/22/2003. Transit time will depend upon whether you have chosen standard or premium freight options. If your order is shipping standard freight, it should arrive within 10 days of shipment.

Product Description Qty Ext Price
:D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Woot! Hopefully our copy shipped early, too!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, mine was shipped today as well! I think this is the first time Apple has been ahead of schedule with something!

·
Registered
645 Posts
The good news is that Panther has shipped. The bad news is that Panther wasn't quite gold standard according to AppleInsider sources. So, after you install Panther 10.3 in about a months time you will see an update for 10.3.1 to fix any bugs and add the enhancements that should have been in 10.3

·
Registered
187 Posts
:( Mine hasn't been shiped yet either..

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Mine shipped too!!

M9231LL/A MAC OS X PANTHER 10.3 FULFIL/UTD-USA 1 19.95

I don't think it's "early" though. My understanding is that we are supposed to have it in our hands by the 24th right? Well It's already the 22nd so my assumption is that we won't get it until after the weekend.

I chose the normal delivery, not the expedited.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoops! Apple said this morning in their email that Panther shipped the 22nd. Now I get a second email today stating it was shipped on the 20th:

Salesperson Contact Entered
Agent de ventes Contracte Date d'inscription
STORE BZ 10/11/03

Ship Date / Date d'expédition Routing / Achemeniment
10/20/03

Waybill No. / N° d'avis d'expédition
BOL#615172955
________________________________________________________________________________
Shipped From / Point d'expédition:
F/G Distribution Center
Elk Grove, Ca 95758

Might even be here by Friday! Woo Hoo!
:D

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
it was said:
The good news is that Panther has shipped. The bad news is that Panther wasn't quite gold standard according to AppleInsider sources. So, after you install Panther 10.3 in about a months time you will see an update for 10.3.1 to fix any bugs and add the enhancements that should have been in 10.3

Wait, you mean that Apple keeps working on the OS after it ships???

I was wondering why there's been 8 (major) OS updates since 10.2 was released.

Suddenly, It all makes sense.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, remember that it wasn't that long after 10.2 was released that 10.2.1 came out.

--PB

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
There's no way OS X will arrive here by Friday if it just shipped today, unless it's with FedEx Overnight 2-day or something.

·
Registered
645 Posts
PosterBoy,

Hahahahaha I was just setting everyone up for when we start to see the threads about this and that not working etc... and then there will be the threads as to why we see 10.1.3 after such a short launch of Panther etc...

It always happens as I'm aware :D

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I have heard that some people in the US have recieved their copies already!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Got my copy already in my hot little hands. Will do the install later tonight. Just so you know, I work for an ad company and was sent today to the IT dept.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I have yet to receive an e-mail but I just checked my status and it says shipped along with my tracking #.
Yahoo.. I can hardly wait.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
When I ordered mine on the 18th, I screwed up on the 1 click and ordered it twice. When I phoned Apple Canada to cancel one of them, the lady (Ann) noticed that my particulars on file specified express shipping. She was under the impression that Panther was arriving at Apple Canada early and I wouldn't need express overnight so she knocked the ten bucks off my order. My email says it is shipped as of today on Express Overnight so I can't complain. Mind you, I have had orders shipped from California before where they got as far as Hamilton, On. overnight then took three days to stagger up to the Ottawa region. (Customs, Couldn't find your house, New driver etc.) Let's hope.
Cheers,

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine apparently shipped at 8:27PM... Yippie!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts