Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard something about Quark 6 (I dont know if there true or not) but when you update ram or new componenets to your Mac you have to phone Quark for a new registration #. I was wondering if this was true. And if it is, will I need to do that if I install Panther on our G4?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
True & False. Like many things in Quark 6, the security system is not finished yet. According to early information from Quark, a security method such as you describe is supposed to be included on Quark 6. I can tell you that I have taken the HDs out of Q6 uquiped macs, and transplanted them in other machines with no adverse effect on Quark.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Installation and activation of Quark 6 is a pain in the butt and included having to phone Quark to get an activation code because the "Activate over the internet" feature wouldn't work.

According to the documentation included with the upgrade, Quark states you can perform five upgrades to either the software or hardware configuration before the software requires re-activation, which means another call to Quark.

OS patches are considered upgrades by the XPress; after five, XPress needs re-activation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts