Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the problem....I have a G5 (with iDVD 3 installed) Just got a powerbook 867 (with superdrive) from MacDoc. Awesome laptop FYI. Anyway, I want iDVD 3 on my powerbook....but i can't find the app anywhere on the panther discs.....and my powerbook can't use the G5 software install disc's...I tried that, it won't let me. Any ideas??

Maybe Firewire target disc mode and just copy the folder over??

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Copying it over might work... be sure to look for system resources as well.

That being said, it appears that iDVD3 is not standard with Panther -- at least they don't say it is on the box, and nor can I find it on the second disc.

Having said that, try digging around your install disks and see if there are application folders or PKGs that may have it... it should be a matter of double-clicking the package and installing it. Maybe.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had the same problem (and still have). iDVD is not on my restore CD that came with my PB12'' (pre Panther) and its not on panther... If you have a solution, plz tell me!

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Use Pacifist to extract the package files from the Panther install disks. It will ask you for all Panther install disks. Get a copy here.

I am curious to know if it works given that Apple has been quite religious on restricting iDVD to Superdrive machines only...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts