Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You stupid stupid idiot :mad:

Good job. You totally got me. Especially with their 10.2.8 screw up. Good timing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
:mad:

You do realize that 99% of the posters here are mad at you now, don't you? LET'S GET 'EM! *stampede*

^_~

...seriously, though, is there a release date ANYWHERE yet? Last I heard was Sep. 16th...so much for that theory.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I think I'd be more interested in 10.3.1.5 or 10.3.2.1
Those first edition systems never seem to work properly

Dave :cool:

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Damn you! I was getting excited!

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I put a curse on you and your Mac...may your copy of Panther be scratched and not install properly.
;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Question: Will Panther work on a beige G3? What about a beige upgraded with a G4 processor?

Early reports said it won't, but there was speculation that would change with the release version. Anyone know?

·
Registered
728 Posts
wow i thought beta panther is out for download, you got me2. could apple be rolling out one bug after the next in a week? imagine that happen to the virgina tech super place.
The techs @apple got to get the piority straight,
at the moment i really would like
10.2.8.1 (G3)
10.2.8.2 (power book)
10.2.8.3 (G4)
10.2.8.4 (imacs)
ASAP to get the jag out of bed before leaping in with panther.
hahaha!!!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Question: Will Panther work on a beige G3? What about a beige upgraded with a G4 processor?

Early reports said it won't, but there was speculation that would change with the release version. Anyone know?
I hope Beige G3's will be supported, but I doubt it now. And even if you did have a G4 upgrade card in it, I doubt that would make it supported. The entire artechture of the Beige G3 would make it unsupported, not the G3 processor itself, in my opinion. In otherwords, the Beige G3 logic board probably isn't supported by Panther if Apple indeed pulls the plug on the Beige G3 with the release of 10.3 Panther.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I laughed... it had to be a gag, when I saw the title. (If it was out, there would at least 2 more topics to do with Panther, eg. Are you going to buy it poll).

To clear up some misconceptions, it was believed by many that on Sep. 16, Steve Jobs would announce the shipping date of Panther, but in the keynote he simply reiterated that Panther will be out by the end of the year. Panther is also believed to be reaching Final Candidate testing in the next few weeks. The latest Developer builds have been used mostly to find and fix more smaller bugs as the big bugs are mostly gone.

Panther on a Beige G3 is still up in the air, as all documentation says you need built-in USB to run it. (So anything with a new world ROM, or newer then the original Powerbook G3 and Beige G3).

MasterBlaster - It was Cheetah (10.0), Puma (10.1), Jaguar (10.2), Panther (10.3), ??? (10.4) (It could be Lynx, Cougar, Lion or another of a slew of cat names Apple has patented in relation to software code names).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.