Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only subject that seems to attract more snake oil and black magic than computing is high end hifi... Now that the two disciplines are converging...

A short preamble to discuss issues with 10.2.8: what's wrong with it (now that the 'patch' has been released)? Why should panther be any better (I assume it's based on the same code)? Why battery problems? (I have my own here). I get the feeling we are getting back to goo old computer superstition. Am I alone in having this feeling?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
?? :confused: I will likely skip Jag.8 all together,

I have yet to put my hands on this Panther, but all seems to be pretty cool so far - from what ppl like Macdoc are posting - and he mentioned something about Panther being the official death of IX.

H!

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Don't be so grouchy. 10.2.8 was a little slip-up. I don't know why they even bothered to release it - I couldn't really perceive any difference from 10.2.6 - either better or worse.

Now Panther is another matter. It is really, solidly better - faster, better video, new and exciting features. A few problems, naturally, but those will be dealt with. I'm glad I got the Panther!

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
273 Posts
If I'm not mistaken one of the main reasons for the 10.2.8 update was to allow jaguar users to attach bluetooth peripherals to their mac computers. Along with the usual small security updates to some of the apple applications.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Apple has a pretty good track record on sub-release quality. S**t happens, once in a while. the only time I can recall a "recall" on an OS update was sometime in the mid-nineties. Could be worse; you could be using Windoze:

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I only installed 10.2.8 so that I could take advantage of
the PCI USB 2. and Firewire card compatibilities, Other
than that...It's somewhat fast...I guess.
I'm still bug hunting with it.

Maybe Apple should release a final version of 10.2.9 to
fix all the bugs in the future. (Wouldn't that be nice)

Dave :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts