Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys:

I am looking at the Tungsten T3, anyone have any experience with this Palm?

With the newly coded apps, any problems syncing with iCal etc?

All and All it seems like a pretty swanky unit, any problems you have heard of?

Thanks

Parousia

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:

I purchased this Palm and I have a mini review.

The unit is very compact and really the perfect size IF you really need to carry one.
Myself I would like to see a phone/PDA done right but so far that has not happended.

The processor is a 400Megahertz ..wow.. fast processor.

I have not been able to slow it down at all yet, I even loaded a 256mg SD card full of pictures and it rendered then almost immeadiately, all of them, amazing.

This is my 3rd palm handheld
1) Handspring Visor
2) Palm m500
3) T3

I can say that Palm is doing a very good job at building these products.
We did a side by side test of the speed between this device and a new Compac iPaq, I dont know what model it was but it was just under the price point of this model @ $599.

The palm was about 50% faster loading a full dictionary and database off a SD card.

The screen is very nice to look at and it is beautiful in landscape mode.
In this mode I think it has the most screen real estate available on a handheld yet.

Mosts programs support the new Landscape mode but your older apps which you inport will not.

The new version of Documents To Go version 6 which comes with it is very nice. The full logo and layout of your documents are preserved and an excel spreadsheet actually looks like a spreadsheet in full for a change.

all and all it is a great little machine, the bluetooth is a nice feature but I have not really got alot of use from it yet, the MP3 realplayer is nice but I have an iPod so......

It does also play full motion video but I have not tried it yet.

5 stars..... highly recommended

(spend the extra above the T2, I am really glad that I did now that I fully understand just how much that extra space helps in all aspects of business use, from documents to contact info.

All for now

Parousia

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I owned the original T|T, and my complaints were with the screen size, screen brightness/clarity (the lack-of), the processor speed, and low memory. The T|3 is everything that the T|T needed to be. If I had the cash, I'd pick one up just for the sheer love of a great gadget!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I have a T right now as well. As much as I do like some features, others I do not. I do have some beef with the screen brightness. I do like their compact nature though.

I also wish that there was some WiFi built in. Would pay for that for sure. As such, I feel like to the other PDAs that are MS CE enabled are ahead... Waiting for this Wifi SD access so that Ts will be enabled. Will likely cost a mint. T3?? gotta use one to make the call... But, I would love to get the T2. New screen etc... Got a deal on the T as well as it came highly rec'd by friend. Needed it for work anyhow...

H!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My husband bought me a T3 for Christmas. I managed to get it working later that day with OSX, and all seemed well. However, it wasn't until later that I realized that any *repeating* appointments - such as a 10 day holiday, spanning those ten days exactly, were not showing up correctly on the T3. It would indicate the first day of the holiday just fine, however, the remaining 9 days of the holiday were not showing up at all. This occurred for any dates that were longer than one day. A very odd occurrence. Palm couldn't fix the problem - at least on mine. It seemed to work alright with iSync, etc., but I couldn't get around that main problem of "longer than one day" appointments/dates as described previously.

Reluctantly, I ended up taking it back. Other than that, I really liked the unit, but i couldn't depend on it after seeing it was not syncing correctly in the date book with my iCal.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actualy there is a SDCard that would provide the T3 and other SD capable handhelds WiFi, if Palm wrote software that would allow the handhelds to utilize it... but this may happen soon.

Parousia

BTW: I have not had any problems syncing with my Palm, other than the problems inherent with iCal itself... I have found that iSync is not always reliable in the way it imports and catalogs info synced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts