Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Intel Mac and I've been trying to install the Palm Software so that I can eventually use Missing Sync and get things going.

I had no problems with my old Powermac but now I'm getting the following error message:

www.smcouples.com/adwf/error1.jpg (please follow the link to see screen capture of error)

What can I do? I can't sync at all and I get this message every time I try to install Palm software and every time I startup my computer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think I got most of it working now. I have Palm Desktop installed but Missing Sync says that my iSync conduit was not designed for this computer. Any idea why? I'm running iSync 2.4

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Thanks. I think I got most of it working now. I have Palm Desktop installed but Missing Sync says that my iSync conduit was not designed for this computer. Any idea why? I'm running iSync 2.4
Did you install the Palm Desktop from the disk or from a recent download from the Palm site?

I have some clients who had problems with the disk that shipped with their Palm unit. Went to the Palm site, selected the installer for the device they were using, downloaded it and everything was fine.

Here is the installer page

·
Registered
30 Posts
You really don't need Palm Desktop to use Missing Sync on the Mac. That's one of the whole points of Missing Sync. I just have Missing Sync to sync to my TX and it works fine.

Palm Desktop is really long in the tooth and doesn't really play well with others. I actually had to reimage from a SuperDuper backup on my Mac Mini when I tried the Palm Desktop a year ago.

Now that I'm on my MacBook Pro I only use Missing Sync.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts