Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive jsut moved to Canada from the UK and for a number of reasons (work and leisure) i need to get a firearms cert. both for restricted and non restricted firearms.
now back in the UK i was a tactical firearms officer in the police. so im happy with the handling side of things and i want to challenge the exams without going on the 2 day course. (to save me the $500 basically as i think i will know most of it already from my previous work)

now the only thing i need to research is the specifics of the exams and Canadian laws etc. does anyone know of any good books on these subjects showing you what you need to know to pass the exams?

thanks

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. ive ordered the books.

i dont actually intend on owning a pistol, but i will require the restricted cert for my work.

i dont intend on hunting at all. the only thing i might personally own is a .22 LR for some targets in my fields.

dont worry, i dont intend on carrying a firearm for protection.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you need to have the certificate for work I suspect the steps to be taken would change as your employer should already have the connections to do so. The course for restricted weapons; as I assume you will need a handgun for your job? or a fully automatic rifle (perhaps for a jail.) is different than the hunter's safety course. I would speak to the employer as they should be able to arrange everything.

Cheers,

Scott
no, im not doing a hunters course. i simply need to be a valid restricted PAL holder. the training has nothing to do with it, just the fact i must hold the licence. the job will then do thier own training, but its just to show you have at least some basic understanding of firearms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.