Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
I have a paid copy of PageSender and it seems to do the job. I haven't yet been on the receiver end of what I send, so I'm not sure how the faxes are actually coming out. I'd like to see what my cover page looks like, and that all the info is in its proper place. I still haven't figured out how the AddressBook syncs with PageSender. It doesn't seem to auto fill fax numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
I use Page Sender for faxing proofs to my clients, which are faxed back to me. The returned faxes are far better quality than any manual fax I've had. Reports from the other end are all favourable.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have purchased Page Sender and it looks and feels awesome. I sent a fax to a friend who has one of those all in one fax machines. I then had him send me back what he received on his end. As it turns out, some of the words and sentences have a white line that run through them. My friend said that it could be the font type I used? I used Times New Roman in AppleWorks and sent it as a PDF file when I faxed it. The preview in Page Sender didn't show any of those white out lines of words or sentences. I'm wondering if I have to change the format of when you send a fax from copies/pages to AppleWorks? Or do I need to change my font style? Or is it on my friends end and his fax machine? Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Your symptoms likely indicate poor line quality with your or your friend's phone service. Some things to try; switch to a different phone cable, try a different phone jack (if possible), have your lines checked by Ma Bell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I gave up on FaxSTF Pro (many problems with recieving faxes and addressing) and tried PageSender. It works flawlessly and is completely integrated with the Address Book and Mail. Faxes are converted into pdf format, so they can be edited in Adobe Acrobat and sent back with added text or pictures. HIghly recommended particularly in combination with Acrobat.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
PageSender is by far the best fax software on OS X. FaxSTF is done and cooked.

The other one to look at is Cocoa efax but PS is better in my mind after trying both.

The fax quality is fantastic, you won't be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.