Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I officially hate the new Pages.

The number formatting in a page layout seems to draw from the system preferences (not Pages preference, but rather System Preferences).

If I enter $1499.00 on a page, the system auto-corrects it $1,499.00.

If I change the system prefs, $1499.00 becomes $ 1499.00 (notice the space after the $)

I can't superscipt my $ and 00, because auto-correct then makes everything in the line superscript.

I've turned off EVERY Auto-Correct feature in Pages, and gone through the entire Inspector looking for a solution.

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
943 Posts
GuyToronto,

I don't know what to tell you, but I tried typing the exact numbers you wrote above, and I had no problem with it. In fact, none of the number/symbol combos I type reconfigure into anything. I even superscripted th $ and 00's.

Are you sure it draws from the SP's? If that was the case mine would do exactly as yours is doing.

Can you show us a shot of both preference panes (Pages and System Prefs)?

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Are you entering the number in a table? That's the only place I can think of where number formats come into play and all you have to do it set the format to "text" in the table-->format inspector pane and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yes, Macgunde is right. Within a table, I can recreate the scenario you describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts