Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's your chance to own the Official ehMac iMac and to support ehMac!

This special iMac is being put up for auction on eBay.ca. To participate, please follow the instructions below:

1. Click Here for eBay.ca!
If you haven't registered with eBay before, please then do so. This earns ehMac a few $.

2. Do a search for "ehMac iMac". This will take you to the auction where bidding starts at just $1!!! Let's see who's the biggest ehMac fan!

3. Bid away! That's it!

The auction will go on for one week. Its a really special iMac! Comes in Canadian Red with brand new ICE keyboard and mouse! Plus some fun bonuses.

Should be exciting as the bidding gets heated. If you have any questions, ask away as there are lots of experienced eBayers on ehMac.

If you prefer, you can also donate money via PayPal: <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="ehMax On Wheels Fund"><input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="CAD"><input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0"><input type="image" src="http://www.ehmac.com/ubb/donate.jpg" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</form>

What is this money going to? Well...
I still have money put aside to upgrade the software on ehMac. This will be happening soon. (I'm waiting for Infopop to come up with one more update and then for the free time to do it)

This money is actually in support of me the Mayor and a special purchase I hope to be making soon. Here's the background sob story...

I used to be really in shape. Was even the Athlete of the Year in my senior year. After 10 years of marriage, 3 kids and a lot of time on my Mac, I've developed some serious Molson Muscle. I need to get in shape.

So... I've decided to get a mountain bike. I'm going to be buying one from a Canadian company in Vancouver! The Rocky Mountain Elevation bike.

Decent bikes aren't too cheap, so I could really use the financial help. When I get good enough, I'd actually like to get into racing so I will proudly put an ehMac sticker on the bike and ehMac will be my official sponsor! :D

(I'll be sure to post before and after pictures of my Molson Muscle as well)

Thanks to everyone for your help!

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
I have the distinction of being the first bidder on the Powerbook and the iMac.
After the auction will you tell us the surprise, that mounted Os9 display is pretty nice as it is, it would look pretty cool in my museum of neat and strange stuff.
I hope it helps to raise lots of dough for you and ehMac
Mark

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
here's the link to the ehMac iMac ebay auction
<a href="http://www.qksrv.net/click-869674-5062572">
see it here and bid away</a>

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, we've got our first bid already at $1!!! Do I hear $5! :D

Item # is 3410400704. But when you go to eBay.ca, please use the link at the top. This link will give ehMac a few bucks as well when you register or win an auction.

Please keep in mind, the winning bidder does buy the iMac! :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy Cow! :eek: In 5 minutes we have 4 bids and we're up to $25 already! Yee haa!

·
Registered
406 Posts
$5.00 just ain't going to cut it, me thinks minnes has put a little hedge bid in. Might be time to flash up the PC and use the old Cricket Jr sniper. :D :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
ehMax,

That bike's one heck of a good choice -- glad you found the right one amonst a pool of choices. :D One last thought on the bike -- if you get it with the pictured fork: You probably know/have found out already, that the air fork will require a special fine-tunable pump. Don't know/think it's included. How much is the bike gonna set you back in cash -- get a good deal? What it cost won't even matter after awhile -- health.

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
MacSpectrum is leading the pack presently. The race is on!!!

I put it a bid but MacSpectrum's highest bid is too rich for my blood. . . for now. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
MacSpectrum
\You must have a place picked out for the Os9 statue already. ehMax, where did you get that item from, an Apple dealer?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, after getting a bit of sleep last night, I wake up to 11 bids and we're up to $202! That's awesome.

Hey Tomac... Yeah, I really like the bike! I didn't know about the air-pump thing. Hope that's not too exensive. That bike is $1369 Cdn before things like helmet etc... I haven't haggled on price but since I've been bothering the folks at the bike shop so much I don't think I will haggle too much. Just as long as they throw something in to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Should be fun next Sunday, I'm going to watch a cross country bike race.

Hey Minnes, I was just in Hamilton yesterday for the big run that they had. I didn't run, but I watched my two sisters run. Really neat to see so many runners! I said to myself that next year I'm going to do the 30k. (I plan to be in great shape after all the biking I'm going to do)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Don't forget ehmax, a good pump for that air fork will run you back between $100-$150. But look out for deals and the local bike shops, you can usually get them on sale, but they still ain't cheap!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tomac:
ehMax,

That bike's one heck of a good choice -- glad you found the right one amonst a pool of choices. :D One last thought on the bike -- if you get it with the pictured fork: You probably know/have found out already, that the air fork will require a special fine-tunable pump. Don't know/think it's included. How much is the bike gonna set you back in cash -- get a good deal? What it cost won't even matter after awhile -- health.

Have fun!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
226 Posts
*pulls out pom-poms to do a cheer* *trips and falls*

Erm...

*brushes self off*

Good luck to all the bidders, anyway!

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I put it a bid but MacSpectrum's highest bid is too rich for my blood. . . for now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought I would raise the bar a bit. After all, it is for a good cause. The future health of our mayor. Well, physical health anyways. :D

I'm glad to see the bidding at a level that is more appropriate for this type of item and cause.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
$340?!?
I have 340 pennies... and thats it... Its out of my league :( But best luck to the winner, I just wish that I had a job and then I'd have my own little iMac to do SETI on!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My old Bondi blue iMac used to run SETI. Oh the memories. *queue nostalgic music*

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm going home from work now... Sure would be nice to get home and see a couple more bids! :D ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts