Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I am getting an error message pop up saying an email cannot be sent because an attachment is too large. What it does not tell me or show me is what email. This is the latest version of outlook. I have no outgoing folder or anything like that, just the usual inbox, drags, archive, sent, etc. I did see an email in my drafts folder that had an attachment that was 200+ mb and I deleted that. Not sure if that is the culprit though and I get the message still. My googling on this has not brought up any answers. Has anyone had this before and know how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
15,960 Posts
My googling on this has not brought up any answers. Has anyone had this before and know how to fix it?
I'm sorry, I can't help but is there anything in these suggestions that might help provide a solution???:

Do you have any option such as rebuilding your outlook mailboxes???

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
42,824 Posts
Try removing and then adding your account back to the Outlook client.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As the title says I am getting an error message pop up saying an email cannot be sent because an attachment is too large. What it does not tell me or show me is what email. This is the latest version of outlook. I have no outgoing folder or anything like that, just the usual inbox, drags, archive, sent, etc. I did see an email in my drafts folder that had an attachment that was 200+ mb and I deleted that. Not sure if that is the culprit though and I get the message still. My googling on this has not brought up any answers. Has anyone had this before and know how to fix it?

View attachment 94027 View attachment 94028
Try rebuilding the database. In Outlook even if you throw the email away and empty the trash it is still in the database. Typical Microsoft twisted logic.

You’ll find after rebuilding your database it’s size will decrease. It will probably also make a backup before it rebuilds and you can throw that backup away when it’s done rebuilding.

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will give these suggestions a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts