Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting story on CTV.ca "Canadian fileswappers to get legal alternatives"

Excerpt:

"I don't think you need any more proof that consumers will pay if the price is right and the technology works -- and Apple's got both," Broadhead said.

But if you're a Canadian eager to download some music legally, you're out of luck. Apple's iTunes is not open to Canadian visitors -- and there are no similar online services currently in operation.

In the fall, Toronto based company Moontaxi hopes to fill that void when it launches its new service PureTracks."

I'd MUCH more like to see a Canadian version of ITMS from Apple! :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd love a Canadian version of iTMS, but what can Apple do against the CRTC? Those boneheads don't know what the internet is!

My poor tax dollars!

John

·
Premium Member
7,077 Posts
I'd like to think our tax dollars are helping keep Canadian businesses from being smothered by the giant Amercian corporate vultures that would love to engulf our country. ;)

Why do you think it's been taking so long for Apple to open a store in Canada? Resellers would lose everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.