Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Dell.ca has the 24" display on for $599, not the best price for a 24" screen, but with the DVI, VGA, and the composite/component/s-video, and the card reader, a decent deal none the less.

Did anyone catch what the deal was yesterday? (day 1 of 10)

Z.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I am really tempted to buy this monitor at $599. The reviews on Dell's site are 100% positive and most are rave reviews. Is this realistic; is the monitor that good?

I currently have the 20" Dell (previous model), and it is a great monitor. I was going to replace it with a 22" Samsung when they went on sale, but I was very disappointed with it, and with several other 22" monitors I saw in Future Shop. I realized that the resolution relative to monitor size has something to do with the quality I was observing (particularly with text), and that got me thinking about 24 inchers. FS has the Samsung 245BW on sale for an astounding $499, but I don't care for the glossy black, it has no usb ports (Dell's has 4), and the picture quality is so-so.

If I let this Dell deal go by today, am I likely to see it again soon? I was hoping to find out what Apple is going to offer in the next revision for its 23 incher. I was hoping for a change in the backlighting to the LED type used in the new MacBook Pro. On the other hand, Apple seems to be moving towards glossy screens,which I don't like.

·
Mac Addict
100 Posts
It's a solid display. I know quite a few people with them and there are no complaints. At $599, I'd grab it. Worth it just for the connectivity options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.