Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

OSX tutorial CD

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  used to be jwoodget 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Twas me, RtC. Thanks for digging. This tutorial disc would be useful for lots of users I think (esp. my wife
) and there's nothing out there in terms of visual demonstrations. Books are OK but assume you have a level of comfort. As far as I know, you can't buy the tutorial disc and its only available as part of the teacher OS X pack which I'm not eligible for. Apple should bundle it with MacWorld.

#4 ·
RtC, what might be on this tutorial CD? Not having used a Mac since I considered upgrading to 7.0, OS X should prove to be an interesting challenge, and such a CD would be useful. I can't see a Mac training session coming to St.John's, but then..........you never know.

#6 ·
Merci, RtC. The idea of tutorial DVDs is the main reason I want to get a Mac with iDVD capabilities. Newfoundland and Labrador is a huge provice geographically, but it is difficult to reach each teacher to provide professional development. There are certain things that I have created to help with this problem. I have created an online PD web site in literacy, that can be accessed on an "as needed/where needed" basis. Still, there are things pertaining to diagnostic/prescriptive literacy instruction which needs to be demonstrated. I have purchased an digital video camera and a digital camera in hopes of recording and photographing "best practices" samples of real teachers in action. Then, using iMovie and iDVD, I can produce these PD tutorials to send around the province. DVD players are becoming common place in many school, and I could also make VHS tapes from the master tape to send to those schools that only have a VCR. Thus, a teacher could view this in her/his school or home. No broadband issue is compromised and everyone benefits.

#7 ·
Hmmm..... I think I'll get my wife the CD as $299 for a one day course on getting started with OS X 10.2 is a bit steep.

Thanks for the info RtC.

[Update] The CD is $29 but you need a license (?) which is $40 (this is not an OS X license). There is also a documentation package for $40 which is optional. I ordered the CD/license.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.