Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any trouble receiving the $29 Panther upgrade for new machines that shipped with Jaguar?

I submitted the application just before the deadline on Dec. 17 and mine still hasn't arrived. Called Apple in early January after 14 days had passed and the initiated a reship. After 5 weeks, still nothing.

Does anyone know if these are getting hung up in customs for some reason?

Anyone actually get one yet?

Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Panther upgrade program has been extended to Jan. 31/04. Form has to be postmarked or faxed in by then.

Up-to-Date Info- Canada

Also available on Apple Canada-Francais. According to the form, these seem to be processed in NB.

There should be a sticky to this somewhere until it's over; I'm sure many people aren't aware of this; I've had some clients lately who bought new computers from local "Apple Authorized Resellers" in Nov, Dec. who weren't aware of the Panther upgrade program until I told them about it.

There is also a program to obtain 9.2.x install CD's for US$19.95 (shipping/handling) for those who have purchased retail Panther, but I've only found reference to it on US Apple site. This runs to Mar. 1/04. US Apple link

There was a similar program during the early months of Jaguar release.

As for receiving your disks, you will, eventually... :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts