Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Network information system (I think). All I know is that I need it to access certain services on my network at work. It's part of the improvements to the AFP file system mentioned in the update. My sys admin likes this too since he'll be better able to keep an eye on me..... :(

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
RtC, you are sooooooo conservative
C'mon in, the waters warm...... ouch.

Of course, you are totally correct. It's idiots like us who dive in head first that end up with cracked heads. But, its fun.

Click for info on the 10.2.4 changes.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
RicktheChemist wrote:
I am waiting and seeing what is going to happen.

I've installed 10.2.4 on my PowerBook, and it has yet to burst into flames, so the update can't be that bad.

It looks like there are a couple of security-related fixes in 10.2.4, so if you're running a machine that connects directly to the internet (or you're living with a bunch of l33t hax0rz) you might want to install the update sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Updating now... *w00t!*

Of course, I rush in where even fools dare not update!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Actually, the lemmings myth is... well.. a myth. Many of them drown in their annual migration path across open water spaces, but the jumping off a cliff thing is just someone's imagination.

That said, I've jumped off the mythical cliff, and am none the worse for wear. Will report any "gee whiz wow!" or "holy s#$%^&*, batman!" occurrances as they.. well.. occur. Man, I gotta get a thesaurus service installed....

M.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Man, I gotta get a thesaurus service installed....

Sherlocks dictionary feature has a built in thesaurus

If that's what you mean by installed...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Installed. Nothing blew up yet.

Can I now go back to playing Russian roulette?

[Pls. note I do not endorse playing RR, and
am only using a Nerf(tm) weapon myself] :D

Choo,

G/<

·
Registered
569 Posts
did it and it took forever to optimize it seems it goes back to the site umpteen times to check this and that and that and this without giving you a clue of what is happening Seems to work ok but 80% of what it said was new and improved are things never ever use other than the finder

·
Registered
433 Posts
10.2.3 wasn't horrible on my ibook, but i wan't happy. lets hope 10.2.4 rocks the casbah!

Phil

·
Registered
871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dibenga:
OMG , what a difference in startup time, me likie very much!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, the startup is faster. There seems to be some speed improvement overall. In some games, where there was sluggishness, it's gone now.

Choo,

G/<

1 - 20 of 31 Posts