Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what brand of USB>serial cable I can use for this HP printer?
I've been trying to use Gimp-print but the PowerPrint cable I'm using will only work on OS 9, will Belkin or Kensington do the trick for me?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
" ... this HP printer? ..."
Just a touch more info would be helpful.

Haven't (had to) use PowerPrint, but is it the cable that doesn't work, or PowerPrint that doesn't support OSX? My guess is you need PowerPrint SW to run the Proprietary PowerPrint adapter.

London Drugs sells some kind of USB-Parallel adapter, perhaps PosterBoy can chime in with info on that.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Strydent Softwares (formerly InfoWave) PowerPrint is required to use the cable that it comes with AFAIK, and PowerPrint only runs in OS 9. Strydent has no intention of updating the app to run in OS X (although Inksaver may be on the horizon).

LD keeps a Parrallel->USB adapter in stock, but it is a POS and only comes with Win98 drivers (on a floppy no less). That said, if you can tell us a make/model there is a 99% chance we can order something in for you.

I think Belkin makes a cable you can use, and quite possibly Keyspan as well.

--PB

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a HP Deskjet 670c printer.
When I updated to the 10.2.4 OS I didn't check to see if the PowerPrint software update worked in classic (it didn't in 10.2.0 - .3).
Well wouldn't you know it..........it works in classic now under 10.2.4 :D :D no need to get another cable.
Actually everything seems to be working now, no kernel panic when comming off of sleep, doesn't freeze up anymore :eek: :D Now this is how an OS is suppose to work :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts