Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

I have a first gen iMac G4 17" 800Mhz and I'm having difficulty installing OS 9.
I am looking for the original install disks so I can install the model specific version of OS 9.2.2.

I'm also looking for an Airport card and RAM for this machine. Preferably the 512mb SO-DIMM.

I'm located in central Alberta. Shipping preferred or COVID safe pickup is fine if located near Edmonton.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a retail version install OS9 disk and think I have a last combo update but not specific to that machine. I can makes images of them - would you be interested?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a retail version install OS9 disk and think I have a last combo update but not specific to that machine. I can makes images of them - would you be interested?
Thank you. I already have one of those on the way, but I'm skeptical... Will let you know about the combo update if the retail doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
5,384 Posts
I have an airport card in my iMac G4 lampshade and it no longer connects to my Airport wifi, not because of a defect or issue but because the only format is just not compatible with the newer. Not sure if there is a work around for that or if using a non Apple wifi router will work but it is something I would think about to make sure it will do what you want it to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts