500GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8X(DVD+R DL/DVD+RW)
NO MODEM
Apple Mighty Mouse
WIRED KYBRD & MAC OS X KIT
Country Kit

Ships by: Aug 24 - Aug 28
Delivers by: Aug 28 - Sep 5

I was a little worried about all the negative comments about the screen but after seeing it in person at Micro Boutique on Parc (Montreal), I fell in love.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
In a lot of cases it arrives sooner. The shipping is incredibly fast, at least for me in Toronto. I also ordered a Nano and printer (student discounts) and they arrived in 2 days with standard shipping (ordered last Wednesday night, shipped on Thursday, got them on Friday afternoon)! But I guess that depends where you are. I'm still waiting on the iMac (says shipping by Aug 22nd).

The worst part is I ordered online after calling the Apple store (Eaton and Sherway) to find out if they had any and were expecting any. They said no, and that they were only expecting small shipments that would sell out fast. Then this Saturday, I just happened to be at Yorkdale... I asked about the iMac and they said they were "fully stocked and had plenty available". XX) Oh well... that's the way things go sometimes. :)

A7

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I ordered mine on the evening of the 16th.

2.8GHZ INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8X(DVD+R DL/DVD+RW)
NO MODEM
Apple Mighty Mouse
WIRED KYBRD & MAC OS X KIT
COUNTRY KIT

Ships by: Aug 23 - Aug 27
Delivers by: Aug 31 - Sep 7

I've seen a number of people here post that they've gotten them about 7 days after placing the order. So I hope to have mine late this coming week or early next week at the latest.

Interesting, mine was ordered a day before Fractalus, but I've got a delivery date 3 days later. Fractalus, did you do the express shipping? I went with the freebie.

·
Registered
225 Posts
August 21 -- status of my iMac is still : Not yet shipped

I have to stop checking the "Apple Order Status" page every 15 minutes...The suspense is driving me insane!

:lmao:
Apple will send you an email saying that your new iMac has been shipped. :D Even then it may not show up in tracking.

On Friday I ordered a notebook case for my wife. Last night the shipping email came through but it wasn't showing on the tracking page.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I'm doing the same thing... though not every 15 minutes. I am checking about every 3-4 hours though. You do get an email when it ships, but the status page shows when items are being packed for shipment (at least, it has in the past, and did for the other items that shipped) so you get a preview of when it's about to ship. :)

And here I was, hoping Apple would give me a b-day present and ship one day early. :)

A7

1 - 20 of 61 Posts