Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone obtained a book of their photos from the "Order Book" option of iPhoto? I played around very quickly and thought it looked pretty good. What is the paper quality like? Any details much appreciated.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ordered a book last year. Very nice, it was expensive though (US dollars and shipping cost) The only complaint I have is the cover picture option. I wouldn't put a picture on the cover if I did another one. They just glue a picture to the front of the book and well it comes off on the corners after a bit and looks cheap. Otherwise the pages in the book are very nice and the book itself is great (I went with black) I would recommend it, but it's pricy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also ordered a book last year from Apple and I must say that the presentation is very good.

The quality of the paper and layout etc is very good.

The image quality though is meduim.

You will not get the small details to show through in the images. I was a little dissapointed frankly, and I dont think that I will order another.

When I post images, or print pictures, and when I ordered a book I always want the best quality image reproduction.
The book is a dissapointment here.

But if you are not to picky, it makes a great memory, and the presentation is great.

Parousia

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Great thread! I've been considering buying a book, but the price keeps scaring me off. Sounds like it might not be worth the dough. Are there any alternative methods of developing a book of prints?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I made one as a xmas gift last year and found it to be very nice, especially in the black linen. As for the cover issue, I agree that the gluing of the pic seems low rent, but in the grand scheme of it all, you are getting a one off customized book with your own personal memories. Don't think that can be had most anywhere. I didn't find that the pics were of a low quality. Just depends upon how great your originals are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.