Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I tuned into Oprah this afternoon cuz she was doing one a "my favorite things" show.

All of a sudden...she brings out an Apple iPod and a flat-panel iMac. She starts yapping about how wonderful iPods are...and then gave a 15GB iPod to THE ENTIRE AUDIENCE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Talk about fabulous exposure for Apple!!!

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ehMax:
Even better is that this show is a re-run so they are getting double exposure!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

I didn't know you were a fan. You must watch a lot to know it was a repeat. :D

James

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Actually I think its because when it first showed it was on all the Mac News sites, and it wasn't too long ago, just around when the 3rd generation iPods were released.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
And within a couple of days a number of iPods showed up on eBay. Indeed, one of our fellow EhMacians (NeilY) benefitted from the iPod-iramus who didn't want theirs.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I am an addict of the news-sites...I find it odd that I would have missed mention of this. Hmmmm.... :confused:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
I recall that about a year ago, Shaq O'Neal of the LA Lakers would not let anyone on the team bus that drove them to the airport if they did not have an iPod. He actually was shown using one and making this statement. It was later reported that he bought one for everyone on the team, rather than try and keep them off the bus.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Dr., Shaq has more money than his great grand kids will know what to do with. Word is that he has yet to spend a dime of the $alary that he's been paid in the NBA ever since he was drafted. He's been spending only endor$ement money. :eek: Damn right he's got that dough to buy them AND the whole staff some ipods.

Someone get me a basketball...

H!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,530 Posts
If all goes as planned, the Lakers (my son roots for them) will have Shaq, Kobe, Peyton and "The Mailman" all on their starting team. As a NY Knicks fan, I wish they were coming to NYC rather than LA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts