Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new Mac MINI and I recently saw it on the Mostly Digital online retailer site in Toronto. What attracts me to buying it online is that since I live in Quebec and the retailer is in Ontario I would save the provincial sales tax and could get my Mac for $805 shipping included, a savings of $45 if I were to buy it here at the Apple store. I contacted Modstly Digitial to ask them how the quarantee would work and whether I could bring it to any Apple store if I should have a problem or if I would need to send it back to them for servicing. Unfortunately, after two e-mails they have never gotten back to me. I've purchased from them before, many many years ago, but I'm a little apprehensive in sending them my money if they can't get back to my simple e-mails. Has anyone dealt with these guys recently in terms of buying a Mac from them? How fast was shipping? Anyhow, any information you could send me would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all,

Stefano

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new Mac MINI and I recently saw it on the Mostly Digital online retailer site in Toronto. What attracts me to buying it online is that since I live in Quebec and the retailer is in Ontario I would save the provincial sales tax and could get my Mac for $805 shipping included, a savings of $45 if I were to buy it here at the Apple store. I contacted Modstly Digitial to ask them how the quarantee would work and whether I could bring it to any Apple store if I should have a problem or if I would need to send it back to them for servicing. Unfortunately, after two e-mails they have never gotten back to me. I've purchased from them before, many many years ago, but I'm a little apprehensive in sending them my money if they can't get back to my simple e-mails. Has anyone dealt with these guys recently in terms of buying a Mac from them? How fast was shipping? Anyhow, any information you could send me would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all,

Stefano
Mostly Digital is based in London, Ontario. They have been around for a very long time and are a very reputable dealer.

Any Mac purchased from an Authorized Dealer has warranty from Apple that is good at any Authorized Service provider. As for the others questions, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it doesn't matter where you purchase regarding taxes, its where the item is being delivered.

The Mac biz is right at the end of the very busy back-to-school period, so I would be patient with correspondence, or just try giving them a call.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I've purchased from them before - was a flawless transaction and I received the product in the mail two days later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts