Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone using Intuit/MYOB Account Edge 2 ... especially if anyone has compared it to Quickbooks Pro or Simply Accounting Pro.

Many thanks

R.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't bother with MYOB anymore, This whole intuit thing just ticks me right off!!

several years I purchaced quickbooks, then 2 months later - they discontinued it for the mac.

Then I purchased MYOB - very happy with it until they sold the canadian operations to Intuit.

Then Intuit discontinue MYOB in Canada

Now they are making Quickbooks for Mac again!!

Sorry but after $600 on accounting software and the hastle of it all I refuse to support Intuit anymore

·
Registered
216 Posts
We are currently awaiting the release of Quikbook for mac here in Canada for a replacement for our Account Edge.

I am unsatisfied with this software for several reasons. Customization ranges from difficult to impossible, images imported for customized forms dont render properly and the interface is horribly designed.

We have had MYOB as well basically for over 7 yrs now and I cannot wait for Quickbooks Pro.

It will do what you want it to do........ it just how much works it takes to accomplish it.

IE:
how to change the custom form?
after searching for close to an hour I realize that you have to press print! then access the customization field from the print menu!

This program is so stupid.

Parousia.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parousia:
I am unsatisfied with this software for several reasons. Customization ranges from difficult to impossible, images imported for customized forms dont render properly and the interface is horribly designed.

We have had MYOB as well basically for over 7 yrs now and I cannot wait for Quickbooks Pro.

It will do what you want it to do........ it just how much works it takes to accomplish it.

This program is so stupid.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
On the other side of the coin;

The new interface is a pleasant change from the stale look and feel MYOB had developed into.

Too bad MYOB decided to dump their CDN support.

I guess it depends on what you become accustomed to and how much effort you make to understand the application.

AccountEdge will do everything you want it to, and more... with professional and logical methods.

This program is incredibly intuitive... if you give it a chance.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I was under the assumption that quickbooks for Mac in Canada was not going to be released again. Am I wrong here?

I also use MYOB 2 my stuff and while agree that yes its frustrating that these companies have screwed us (the Canadian culture) by discontinuing the products and only making them available on the PC, however it does what I need it to and in a stable mannor. I have never had a problem with MYOB. I just wish they would port that damned thing to Mac OS X so I could move all my accounting info onto UNIX

However the upside to running it on 9 is there are no ports open in case people want to hack into it

·
Registered
216 Posts
AccountEdge will do everything you want it to, and more... with professional and logical methods.

If you are not familiar with more popular methods of pulling reports and customizing invoices etc this may be true..... but if you have any experience wioth different applications you will agree that this program while stable is not very good.

I just wish they would port that damned thing to Mac OS X so I could move all my accounting info onto UNIX

We are talking about the OSX version called Account Edge are we not?

Mississauga:

A question : have you tried customizing invoices / quotation forms etc? What did you think about the way that MYOB goes about it....
BTW: you cannot even customize more than 1 form for use with the quotation and the invoice. (unless you can tell me how)

Quickbooks Pro is already out in the States and I am assuming that it will only be a couple of months before we have the same thing here.

Parousia

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
OK. Here's the deal. Yes, AccountEdge's method of creating customized forms is prehistoric, at best; but it does work, and in being so complicated does allow for unlimited customization of any given form. To create multiple forms in a given bracket (Sales, Time Billing, Purchases etc.), select "Print Invoices" et al - at the bottom of the "Forms Selection" window, choose a form from the pulldown menu and select "Customize" - edit the form presented - choose "Save Form As" and provide a file name. That's it! I don't know how many different styles you can save, but I have 5 different invoice styles for my business.

Hope this works for you.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
parousia,

I'll check out your request in the morning and get back to you. I will admit customizing invoices/forms requires the patience of a Tibetan monk. But I'm sure once you've done it a thousand times, it gets easier. ;) When I made the move from MYOB 9(?) to AccountEdge, I simply imported all my old invoice/form styles... have to try setting one up in the new version.

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts