Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried/heard of this Virtual PC substitute? link here

Sounds fine for me, since I am content using Windows 95. I have VPC 4 and found performance acceptable, but didn't want to pay for an OS X version (ie VPC 5) and certainly don't want to give Bill any money for VPC 6.

·
Hotwiring another cessna
389 Posts
Great find... Sounds rather interesting, think I like it even more that someone else beat M$ out of the gate for a WinTel emulation that works on the G5.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
September 5th/2003 Redmond, WA.. Microslop Corp finds out there is competition in the Virtual PC arena...IMMEDIATELY sends out the black suits to find and destroy, or by twist of fate offer them 1 cool million to come join the most innovative software company in the world HAHAHAHA but it would be like them to do it.. :D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I personally wouldn't send them half a Canadian cent (when it was at nearly $ 0.50 US). Its just a wrapper for Bochs (free software) AND they charge for it. :mad: Though Bochs is slow as molasses in January.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Terry, its alright. Bochs is slow, dog slow. It emulates completely differently then how VPC emulates. And by magnitude are we talking powers of 10, 100 or 1000?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts