Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Pollution in China - as captured by a professional freelance documentary photographer....

Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China | ChinaHush

Just think of all the made in China products that we use and consume here in Canada...:eek:....
I've viewed the pictures and was unable to view them all as it has become too depressing!
We, like it or not, are indirectly contributing to this problem! :eek:

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
I've viewed the pictures and was unable to view them all as it has become too depressing!
We, like it or not, are indirectly contributing to this problem! :eek:
I was able to view all of the pictures, but I strongly agree with Sharon. I personally try to buy products made in Canada or the US, but find that to be difficult and near impossible for certain items.

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Including everyone's Mac. :(
Sad, but all too true. I try to make an effort to at least not buy products that are made by child labor. When I was a volunteer with UNICEF, they had a big campaign re getting school-age children to understand about products that were being made by children their age.

·
Tritium Glow
7,136 Posts
The images remind me of W. Eugene Smith's work in Minamata, Japan where he photographed the results of mercury poisoning brought on by unchecked environmental damage due to Japan's rapid industrialization.

EDIT: When I first viewed the images I didn't read the text of the intro. I now see that they were the winners of an award in honor of Smith.

China today:

Japan 1972 (W. Eugene Smith)

·
Archetype
861 Posts
You might like to watch Manufactured Landscapes, the Jennifer Baichwal film about photographer Ed Burtynsky. Much is shot on his locations in China and the shipwrecking yards in India. He's also done extensive studies of the Three Gorges project from its beginning.
Up The Yangze is a good doc, showing the current commercial tourism of the new Three Gorges, from the perspective of young Chinese who work the tour boats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.