Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what browser people use for on-line banking with a Mac. I can only use netscape in classic and I use Bank of Montreal (mbanx.( I hate that name) but it's a wee bit tempermental. Expl. and Safari wont work at all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bank at BoM and have been able to use Netscape 7 and Safari with no problems. Internet Explorer is right out, however.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could I be doing something wrong because for the past year of using online bnkg. I get a message saying explorer and Apple have yet to address a problem in order to use the site.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Royal and Scotia both support Safari.

What is IE? I've forgotten.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No that would be I.F

I would like to know what the "i" in imac.ilife,ipod,iDVD etc stands for ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have used netscape 7 and osX 10.2.3 with mbanx and it worked without any problems. I have the same problem you have reported with explorer. Safari does about the same thing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use both TD CanadaTrust and ING Direct with Safari and IE, and have never had any problems...

·
Registered
304 Posts
When I use safari to do on-line banking with CIBC, I constantly get this message:
"The page “CIBC Online Banking Sign In” has content of MIME type “”. You do not have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, so this content can not be displayed."
Am I missing something? What is MIME type?

·
Registered
235 Posts
CIBC and TD Canada Trust work fine on MS IE 5.1 on OS9.1

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
When I use safari to do on-line banking with CIBC, I constantly get this message:
"The page “CIBC Online Banking Sign In” has content of MIME type “”. You do not have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, so this content can not be displayed."
Am I missing something? What is MIME type?
Hello,

No, I don't think it's you, I think it's CIBC. Their site does the same thing to me. Functionality is just fine, it's just a bit of pain to close that box all the time.

James

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have resorted to using IE specifically for CIBC. It is the content of their page that causes the pop up informing of ...mime... Oddly enough I did not experience it during one of the upgrades to Safari. It occurred in the beginning and now but not the update prior to the current version

·
Registered
470 Posts
Safari works with CIBC PC Banking. But, you get a mime error on every page, indicating a missing plug-in.

I prefer not to click OK, on the message, when each page loads.

CIBC is one of the only sites that I have to use use IE for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts