Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a refurb Palm IIIe for $45 with dock. I know the this model is not supported by iSync, but Palm desktop should work, right? Also, what should I be looking for for connecting to my mac? Is it better to buy a serial-to-usb adapter, or just buy a new usb dock? Anyone using an old Palm?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I use a Palm IIIxe on my Macs running 10.2...works fine. To hotsync, you'll just need a serial to usb adapter, available at most computer stores or from Palm online. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
For the cost of the adapter, you can go out and get a cheap m125 on eBay.. if you really wanted to upgrade, pay a bit more and get something liuke the m130.

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just went thru this with my IIIC, I got a iogear USB/Serial adapter model GUC232A, from London Drugs. And at the time of purchase they did not list a OS X driver. I emailed them and the got right back to me saying they had just finished a driver which they were kind enough to include as an attachment. I have since checked and they now list this on there web page I have used it with no problems, including with iSync.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts