Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Mac Mini that i want to dispose of. I can't imagine it being too useful to anyone, given its age, but I hate throwing stuff out, too.

The computer in question is a Mac Mini from 2005 (specs here: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/specs/mac_mini_g4_1.42.html ). It still functions with whatever operating system it has on it.

What are my chances of finding someone who can get a little more use out of it? I'm not looking to sell it, I just want another choice besides dropping it off at an e-waste depot.

MM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly, not eligible to post anything there. I'm such a lurker that I doubt I'll ever reach the 30 post minimum :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm actually in Ottawa, so Brantford is a bit of a hike... :) I do make a drive down to Windsor occasionally, but I'm looking for a more local solution. I'll see if there are similar activities around here, though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the same dilemma with my 2006 white iMac 24 - needs a video card but I have deemed it "time". It's also heading into eWaste come the spring.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That is a G4 mini. Has anybody looked recently at Linux for such machines? Are there current distributions for PPC machines?

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
The G4 mini is the perfect machine to run Amiga OS.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts