Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a trial version of mac.com....wish I had the money to go there but, had to cancel.

For some strange reason this account has interfered with one of my outgoing emails (just one). I don't send alot of emails but, it's strange that it won't send just one out...to my brother.

"smtp.mac.mail" ...????!!!!

It won't let me select another outgoing account...???? There's none to pull down?! After several attempts it files the email away...

Thank-you, for your input!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
When your set up SMTP server (outgoing mail server) doesn't connect properly, Mail will try and use another server that you have in your list (but won't let you try and use the one that has failed).

To remove the .Mac server, open up Mail, go to the Preferences (Command - ,), then remove the .Mac account if it is there. After that, in your account that is set up, under the account information tab, where it says Outgoing Mail Server:

In that drop down menu, choose Edit Server List... click on smtp.mac.com, and press the button Remove Server. Then press OK. And that is about it!

These instructions are for Panther. So if you need help with Jaguar mail, just post back and the Jaguar version of these instructions should be made clear by someone here.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chealion,

I tried your instructions but, Jaguar seems to be different.

Thank-you very much for replying! I'm going to go into the trouble shooting area & repost this issue in the right forum. I just wanted to let you know I was grateful for your efforts!

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts