Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Unreal is an awesome game and it runs great on my iBook (14" LCD 16 VRAM) in 9.2.2. I actually finished it sometime last winter.

James

·
Registered
237 Posts
If memory serves, Ryan C. Gordon was working on getting Duke Nukem 3D and Unreal going again properly on Mac OS X - but work (Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004) keeps getting in the way...

John

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I went back to OS9 for a bit to play some games tonight now that my video card can handle a few games that I never got to play due to the lack of a decent video card back then!

I must say it was really fun!! I played unreal, and dues ex (a real resourse hog and you needed decent video card)...when I bought Deus ex I had a starmax 300/200 with a G3/300 L2 upgrade and a ATI xclaim VR128 16 meg video card and it was not bad at the time! now, I have 100 times the computer and a not to bad video card considering how old the game is now....in OS9 (9.2.2) the game rocks! awesome looking too...again for how old it is.

I know open Gl is much better in OSX and the drivers are better in OSX but there is no port for many games to OSX and never will be..so for the sake of playing them it wasa blast..the only two games I can play in OSX that I really like from long ago is open GL quake the original and Quake 2....they both look sweet in OSX! so that was my fun tonight..

if any one knows of a port for unreal or Deus ex or any other open gl games that you can play is OSX let me know (not in classic by the way!!) thanks Mark

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
if any one knows of a port for unreal or Deus ex
Doesn't exist - never will.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
the reason I ask Lars is because some Japanese people love to port stuff over...and I have the hack that allows the original UT to play in OSX...and quake 2 was ported for OSX with a mod...so will see...I don't care really but just thought I would ask!! cheers...Mark

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
and I have the hack that allows the original UT to play in OSX
I guess you can call it whatever you like, but technically speaking, it wasn't a "hack." It was an unfinished patch released by Westlake Interactive, and still has a lot of work to go; and unfortunately, there are no plans to complete the patch to full OS X support ever since the release of UT2k3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts