Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I CAN'T FIND A DARN THING ON THAT SYSTEM! IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE! I MISS AUDIOGALAXY! AND I HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT IT'S TIMES LIKE THIS I WISH I WAS ON A PC! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SAY THAT!

:mad: AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! :mad:

i'm done. :rolleyes:

Phil

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I always seem to find what I am looking for on LimeWire. What is it that you are looking for?

I miss Napster. :( Although, it's funny that they haven't tried to crack down on LimeWire in the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I heard they were going after all the services. The problem they will run into is it is peer to peer. Napster ran a server. Limewire and others are just programs that connect people to each other. As long as the programs are out there they can not shut them down. They may be able to stop people from making the programs but they can not stop the people who have them from using them. Of course people will just publish these programs with anonymous names. They can not stop it.

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I agree this topic is a slippery one.

But then a company like Aladdin goes and bundles it in Aladdin Ten for X  -  1.0.2. So now you can buy a version at your local Apple Reseller....

Apple probably carries ti themselves.

This kind of stuff should be left 'underground'.

" Don't ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies " :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I have found that while Acquasition searchs the gnutella network better, Limewire downloads more reliably once it has found something.

I have been playing around with Neo, I have yet to form an opinion though.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I know Apple and Sony are in a funny quandary about MP3s but it can still be a sensitive issue. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, it's funny you should bring this up...considering how Sony's own Net MD advertises downloading your music and then transferring the files to listen to. Methinks they doth protest too much...or something equally old-English-like. :rolleyes:

Talk about speakin' outta both sides of your mouth! They should hurry up and decide which side of the debate they are on and stick to it. They cannot have it both ways.

·
Registered
570 Posts
It was also Sony that argued to the courts to allow them to sell VCRs back in the 80's. Sony also sells and manufactures CDR/CDRW discs and burners. I remember when I lived in Japan Sony came out with the dual cassette stereo. Any now they tell us not to burn music, yeah like they have a lot of credibility.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
For what its worth, I think threads like this need to be discussed on boards. People will duplicate music till the end of time. But if its hashed about here and valid opinions are presented, then others can make a more informed choice about copying or not.

To say you can't discuss something is the real slippery topic.

Just a thought,
Robert ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
How can you hate what's essentially freeware? Unless you purchased Pro. I don't see how you can complain. If you have the free version it's like they say, "you get what you pay for."

Apple and Sony can blow it out their wazoos. I for ONE have bought more CD's thanks to p2p filesharing. PC's are perfect for file sharing etc. Kazaa and WinMX are god sends. Audiogalaxy was amazing and had everything I ever looked for. I wish I had picked up on it before its downward spiral to what it is today.

Limewire's content is pretty lame, comparitively, but its the only option many Mac user's have. I'm making due I have pretty much no choice as a Mac user, but in being a Mac user I've grown some what accustomed to this and don't sweat it so much anymore... but I still don't like it.
:D :mad:

·
Premium Member
30,889 Posts
"For what its worth, I think threads like this need to be discussed on boards"
Robert - I agree with you my caution only is that our benevolent Mayor does not want piracy information exchanged on his board.
It's his, he makes the rules. Discussing the issue is fine just use discretion. There is a difference between discussing piracy, advocating piracy, and providing step by step instructions in pirating stuff.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts