Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received email notification that my G5 shipped today.

It was listed as on or before 9/23, so I'm elated, since I thought it would come and go like the last ship date did.
The FedEx tracking number doesn't show anything on their web site yet, and I just have it shipping via Apple's regular free shipping. So, when do you think it'll actually arrive at my door?

Feels like the night before Christmas, when I was 6.

-Howie

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
With standard ground shipping, give it 8-12 days to get to you from the U.S.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, that'll seem like an eternity.

-Howie

·
Registered
951 Posts
My G5/1.8 arrived yesterday and it is a knockout... no buyers remorse here! The Fedex wait did seem like forever...

I should also add that firewire disk mode is an amazing kickass technology... less than an 30 minutes to move everything from my iMac to the new computer!

Enjoy... I've don't think a machine has impressed me this much since the original classic Macs. Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I pick up my G5 1.8 with 2.5 gigs of ram and the 128 meg Radeon graphics card this monday.....Looking real forward to this.

I had pre ordered a Duel 2 gig machine back on July 20th, but after getting notification that the machine will not be ready till at least late october or even mid nov I decided to get the G5 1.8.

Thanks

Deadline...Mike

·
Premium Member
30,951 Posts
Fink-Nottle and Deadline how about adding your impressions and tests to the G5 Test drive blog in Everything Else.
Good to see all the info in a single spot.

Fink-Nottle that's accurate about first impressions. That's why we offered the Test drive as it's hard to convey how good a machine this is without it being on your desk. Runninbg other boxes and then going back to the G5 on my desk just reinforces it every day. Using Cocktail and other utilities regularly I find helps keep the "snap".

BTW you want to do even more double up your drive into a RAID :eek: :eek:
Makes a good machine even better.

As of this morning we have a G5 unspoken for to Test Drive.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16 Posts
MacDoc

I would love to test drive the mac that I will be getting as I will be using it for my main work machine ( I do childrens illustrations and exclusively use photoshop and illustrator)

Also I play alot of games and plain to put my machine through its paces on both accounts.

Thanks

Deadline...Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts