Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this holiday weekend you're putting in another shift to help pay for your child's college tuition.
Maybe you are that student, worried about how you're going to put the cash together for school and your first apartment.
Or maybe you're a victim of crime, and you can't afford the counselling you so desperately need.
Too bad you're not a teen killer, because then you'd be showered -- thanks to the Canadian government -- with more than $100,000 a year.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/07/01/4304724-sun.html

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
since it's a federal program I suggest your forward your comments to the current Prime Minister of Canada's new gov't
You see MS, SINC is now a reporter, he's able to copy/paste Connie Press Releases that just go to show you how angry he'd like us to feel at those youths and that the only solution is a get tough on crime solution that Big Daddy Harper can deliver...
- Subtext is everything -

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
You see MS, SINC is now a reporter, he's able to copy/paste Connie Press Releases that just go to show you how angry he'd like us to feel at those youths and that the only solution is a get tough on crime solution that Big Daddy Harper can deliver...
- Subtext is everything -
"reporter?"
the same way that Tony Snow was a reporter?

very FAUX news technique SINC uses
just cut and paste and claim he's not offering comment, but the very action itself screams comment

that "logic" may play in AB, but not in the rest of the county

SINC also wanted to "get tough" on those hospital workers that had the audacity to NOT speak English all the time

damn immigrants !
if only Canada's First Nations had a tougher immigration policy they might still own most of the county

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
"reporter?"
the same way that Tony Snow was a reporter?

very FAUX news technique SINC uses
just cut and paste and claim he's not offering comment, but the very action itself screams comment

that "logic" may play in AB, but not in the rest of the county

SINC also wanted to "get tough" on those hospital workers that had the audacity to NOT speak English all the time

damn immigrants !
if only Canada's First Nations had a tougher immigration policy they might still own most of the county
SINC like to have his thinking done for him. It's a lot simpler that way. Maybe there is a need to look up to a father figure (not God, but God-like Big Daddy Harper)....

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
Sinc, I felt sick when I read that. It just is not right.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Where did I express any comments? :confused:
Perhaps you could edit the opening post to put the text in a quotation box. The thread title was also a quotation, and should have been distinguished as such with quotation marks.

We can all figure out that it isn't your words (even if it expresses sentiments similar to those you have expressed), but usually quotations are quoted somehow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hypocrite!

SINC, how much of my money has been spent on your healthcare? How dare you criticize the treatment of others you hypocrite. If only one kid in this program changes their outlook it's worth the damn price. Do us all a favor: move to Drumheller and check yourself into the Royal Tyrrell Museum you dinosaur.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SINC, how much of my money has been spent on your healthcare? How dare you criticize the treatment of others you hypocrite. If only one kid in this program changes their outlook it's worth the damn price. Do us all a favor: move to Drumheller and check yourself into the Royal Tyrrell Museum you dinosaur.
I have paid far more in premiums in my lifetime than was ever spent on me.

I dare to criticize anyone who supports such nonsense. Once again the victims and their families remain the victims, while young killers live the life of kings.

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
I dare to criticize anyone who supports such nonsense. Once again the victims and their families remain the victims, while young killers live the life of kings.
Is that what you think? Or is this just another PR release?

Maybe we should just line up all that you find below you and just execute them. That should make you happy because I've never heard you say anything constructive....

·
Registered
185 Posts
How much per month have you paid for the last 50 years (I've only paid in about $10,000 over 20 years of premiums), and how much have your treatments cost? My nephew has had over 2 million spent on him at the Stollery in his first 4 years of life. Was that a waste of money?

You don't like it SINC, stop paying your taxes, get thrown in jail and live like a king!

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
What's the problem? One alternative is killing them which may be cheaper if the justice process is streamlined. I do not agree with the death penalty, but it is an option for those looking for alternatives.

Another alternative is not providing any special care, which could increase the likelihood of them committing crimes once released (recidivism rates are already extremely high) so then maybe they could be kept in jail even longer (forever), which is very expensive.

This does not really seem to be about the money. It does seem to be about a desire to make their lives miserable to scare them into never committing crimes again or maybe just plain old revenge. The righteous indignation regarding the money is a cover; prisons and serious treatment are expensive.

If the program is pricey and/or not successful, re-evaluate it instead of wasting money, but any serious approach to rehabilitation is likely to be expensive.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much per month have you paid for the last 50 years (I've only paid in about $10,000 over 20 years of premiums), and how much have your treatments cost? My nephew has had over 2 million spent on him at the Stollery in his first 4 years of life. Was that a waste of money?

You don't like it SINC, stop paying your taxes, get thrown in jail and live like a king!
I have paid in and still pay for over 45 years totalling over $50,000. My stent implants and hospital stay cost $9,142.56 according to Alberta Health.

Sorry to hear of your nephews troubles and of course it is money well spent in his case or the case of anyone who is unfortunate enough to require such treatment.

But buying $700 worth of special wood for a kid killer to make himself a guitar quite frankly insults me as a taxpayer.

I'm not sure why you are so upset that I do not support the coddling of criminals though. It has nothing to do with health care.

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
Note, payments to health care involve a large portion of income taxes paid. I may have already paid $50k in, particularly with time value of money (pay upfront, use the most later).

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
It's $#@ Canada day. Of all days to whine about something in Canada.

Maybe you should move to that country that's a perfect Utopia. Oh wait... that would be a fantasy.

Pick another day to whine please. :ptptptptp

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
It's $#@ Canada day. Of all days to whine about something in Canada.
Maybe you should move to that country that's a perfect Utopia. Oh wait... that would be a fantasy.
Pick another day to whine please. :ptptptptp
So what? Go wave a flag and feel proud if you that's how you think things must be done. Or perhaps you should be in Ottawa for the real celebration, otherwise you are implicitly disrespectful of this day. Let's make up more Canada Day traditions!
What does this have to do with anything? I'm watching Brother's Grimm right now, perhaps you are too?
Feel free to not contribute if you're just going to moan about people daring -- DARING -- to critique something on Canada's birthday.

Or, to get into the non-spirit of Canada Day, ban people for their daring.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.