Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note about Private Messages. To reply to a private message, you must do so through the ehMac website!

Many people have a preference turned on to have an email sent to them when they get a private message. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!!!! Replying to the email notification sends the email directly to me, not to the person who sent you a private message. You MUST click on the link in the email or go to your My Profile area of the site.

Each email notification clearly says this! It says:

> To view this private message, visit:
>
> http://www.ehmac.com/cgi_bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_pm&d=L&t=xxxxxx
>
> You are being notified because you have instructed us to send you a notification each time someone sends you a private message. You can disable this automatic notification in your profile settings on the board.
>
> Message Board: http://www.ehmac.com/cgi_bin/ultimatebb.cgi
>
> Please do not reply to this email. The person sending you the private email did not send this notification. To reply to the private message, you must do so from the message board.

I realize its a little confusing and hopefully when I upgrade the board it will be more organized. (Honestly, I'll upgrade the board soon)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite a few!
I hope a lot of people read this message. That's why I'm going to bump it to the top a few time.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Maybe you should write a "tell-all" book someday. Probably some pretty juicy stuff in there,eh?

"The History of ehMac:Stories From the Inside"

Probably make Oprah's book list. :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Heh... I keep forgetting as well.

And Mayor, thanks for keeping the inflatable sheep comments confiden- Oops. I have said too much... :D

:cool:

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ehMax:
That's why I'm going to bump it to the top a few time.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't need to bump it yourself, just get Dr.G and Peter interested in the thread and it'll stay at the top of the page.

Oh yeah... BUMP

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
ehMax wrote:
Replying to the email notification sends the email directly to me, not to the person who sent you a private message.

Could you not configure the board to send notification messages from an account that's guaranteed to bounce (e.g., [email protected])? Unless, of course, you're looking for blackmail material...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its mostly just private messages about how much people hate "The Mayor"... not sure what city they are talking abou.... HEY WAIT!!! :eek: :mad: :(

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ehMax:
Its mostly just private messages about how much people hate "The Mayor"... not sure what city they are talking abou.... HEY WAIT!!! :eek: :mad: :(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That can only mean Torontonians. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
How can anyone hate the mayor?!? Well I guess I could if he shows up to a FragFest and gets me... but it may only last the time it takes to respawn... ;)

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
bump

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Kosh wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> You don't need to bump it yourself, just get Dr.G and Peter interested in the thread and it'll stay at the top of the page. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, look at what I stumbled onto!?? Was that a veiled compliment or (OH NO!) a derogatory comment. I will be consulting DR.G, who will seek legal advice, I'm sure. Dr G and I can even keep the dead alive way after the funeral.
;) :eek:
gratuitous BUMP

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Scharman:
Well, look at what I stumbled onto!?? Was that a veiled compliment or (OH NO!) a derogatory comment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no, they actually saw that comment... would you believe it's a compliment. ;)

Hey, you guys are very active menbers on ehmac. You keep the place alive.

Oh yeah... bump again

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Alive? I said they give it a jive... kind of like a car battery attached to someone... they kind of move fast and do lots...

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
'"..like a car battery attached to someone..."

Careful Chealion, you might spook any new neighbors who haven't heard about the "Initiation Ceremony" for newly minted Full Citizens yet. :D

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
bump... one more time for the mayor.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,393 Posts
Kosh, I have been receiving faxes all weekend, along with emails, from the Revenue ehMacLand: Division of Customs and Taxation, demanding that Peter and I pay for the bandwidth we utilized for participating in the Monster Thread. Each one arrives with the signature of Lord Jason Jinglestars, Esq. and the handwritten phrase "Pay up or shut up!". I am not sure what to do, and I have yet to consult with Peter to see if he has been sent a similar notice.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,393 Posts
Peter, just thought that I would let you know that our bank accounts for PS&MSG, Inc. have been frozen (even the ones in Switzerland!). Thus, any debts you rack up on Ebay and from Papa's Pizza Palace cannot be paid for from the company's funds. The auditors are here right now, and I have been blocked from participating in the Monster Thread. They are searching the house for all of the non-Mac computers and have confiscated all of the Mac computers we had sitting idle. Luckily, a neighbor was able to "ramp up and hot wire" (his term) my Apple IIe for an Internet connection. Not sure how this is possible, but this is now my only connection with the outside world, in that I am under house arrest and the Thought Police have confiscated all of my telephones. Luckily, they forgot about our personal communication satellite we launched back in December.

I hope you are receiving this message intact, and are not facing similar troubles. Luckily, the doxies scared off the RCMP as they were trying to set up a barbed wire fence around my house. Does your mansion have a bunker to protect you from this invasion of our rights and freedoms???

Spread the word -- "One if by land, two if by sea", and three if the doxies were able to tunnel out and free us all. Vaya con Dios, mi amigo. I shall go by the code name of Marcos Santiago Grande until this is all over.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,393 Posts
Hola, Pedro (aka Peter S). Como estas? Yo estoy muy bueno en Mexico.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
You are very good in Mexico? Is this a bad translation on my part? Or is it an expression that no one in their real mind would ever make? (remember, I lived there for some time..my Dad is down there as we speak)

The "Land of Newf" is really quite nice when compared to Juarez or Tijuana or even Mexico City, (Zona Rosa in particular), Dr.G. No snow...but LOTS of other problems.

Trust me on this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts